We're starting a local community revolution! Our goal is a "Meetup Everywhere about Most Everything", and we're on our way. We help people "use the internet to get off the internet" because Meetups change lives and can change the world.
We are profitable, growing, and committed to building an all-star, all-NYC company. We are a company that values doers over talkers and mentors over managers. We are a company where people who take risks and win are rewarded and grow.
Meetup is seeking Product Managers who have an insatiable curiosity about community, with a passion for developing an online experience that supports face-to-face gathering. You are constantly questioning the status quo and have a passion for turning ideas into great products and experiences. You are your own biggest critic and are looking to channel your creativity into a product that provides millions of people with endless opportunities to form local community groups based on common interests.
As a Product Manager at Meetup, you will:
- Generate ambitious and well-designed product ideas based on member needs and company strategy.
- Drive a product through its entire development cycle, from concept to launch, with a strong focus on details but never losing sight of the big picture.
- Help your team work together smoothly and be its advocate to the rest of the staff; coordinate across teams and collaborate with management, customers, partners and other staff members when needed
- Plan user testing and split testing, communicate with members to uncover their needs, get feedback on launched projects
- Gather information and requirements, set and track the most relevant metrics to a product, track past projects and identify ways to optimize them
- Always remain an expert on the Meetup web site and user experience.
To be a successful Product Manager at Meetup, you must have:
- Solid experience working in a product management capacity at a consumer facing web company (social networking and agile, start-up environment preferred)
- A strong understanding of current web technologies, standards and how the web ecosystem is evolving.
- Experience and success in using team-based software development concepts that drive to iterative launches.
- Strategic and holistic thinking to balance and prioritize short-term solutions with long-term vision
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to rally internal support for ideas
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A strong design and usability sense driven by the ability to step into a user's shoes and advocate for them
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively on cross-functional teams and coordinating between them
Our team is smart, ambitious, supportive, and above all - we are excited by what we do. While meeting regular deadlines and being focused on quick, quality completion of projects, the environment is relaxed and fun.
Every member of the Meetup Team is expected to: be an Innovator; be a Collaborator; be a Champion for their ideas; be an Expert; have High Standards; be dedicated to the power of self-organized groups and our mission of A Meetup Everywhere About Most Everything ("MEME"); and most importantly, Get Stuff Done That Makes a Difference!
Want to learn more about how we work and our focus on usability?
If the above describes you and your passions, we want to hear from you!
OF TECH TALENT