We're starting a local community revolution! Our goal is a "Meetup Everywhere about Most Everything", and we're on our way. We help people "use the internet to get off the internet" because Meetups change lives and can change the world.
We are profitable, growing, and committed to building an all-star, all-NYC company. We are a company that values doers over talkers and mentors over managers. We are a company where people who take risks and win are rewarded and grow.
Meetup is seeking Product Managers who have an insatiable curiosity about community, with a passion for developing an online experience that supports face-to-face gathering. You are constantly questioning the status quo and have a passion for turning ideas into great products and experiences. You are your own biggest critic and are looking to channel your creativity into a product that provides millions of people with endless opportunities to form local community groups based on common interests.
Meetups are popping up in over 100 countries around the world. Members pitch in millions of dollars a year in dues, event fees and contributions to Organizers. Your job will be to lead a development team to make it significantly easier, better and widespread.
As part of our Payments team, you will:
- Help people with a shared passion pool money to do things they never dreamed possible
- Enable a generation of community entrepreneurs (teachers, trainers, book club facilitators, etc.) to quit their jobs and build community full-time
- Disrupt billion dollar local markets
- Refine, sequence, prioritize and execute your product team’s roadmap
- Generate ambitious and well-designed product ideas based on member needs and strategic objectives and then drive product through entire development cycle
- Articulate and validate key product assumptions through research, user testing, and live testing
- Set and track key performance metrics
- Drive continuous improvements through rigorous analysis and optimization
- Represent the team to senior leadership & company at large (sharing plans, goals & results)
- Work with payment facilitation partners to make sure they are addressing the development needs of your team
- Always remain an expert on the Meetup apps, site and in-person user experience.
- 5+ years experience working in a product management capacity at a consumer facing web company (social networking and agile, start-up environment preferred)
- Experience and success in using team-based software development concepts that drive to iterative launches
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to rally internal support for ideas
- A strong design and usability sense driven by the ability to step into a user's shoes and advocate for them
- The ability to focus on details while maintaining sight of the big picture
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively and coordinating on cross-functional teams
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong management, leadership and communication chops with a track record of getting high impact things done
- A strong understanding of current web technologies, standards and how the web ecosystem is evolving.
Our team is smart, ambitious, supportive, and above all — we are excited by what we do. The environment is relaxed and fun, even as we meet our deadlines and stay focused on quick, quality completion of projects. If this challenge is something that gets your excited, we want to hear from you!
OF TECH TALENT