Atlassian is looking for a Product Manager for our new Atlassian Marketplace product and our ecosystem of add-on developer partners. Our ideal candidate is someone equally creative and technical with an entrepreneurial drive and spirit. The tasks at hand require driving the product strategy and roadmap of our Marketplace business and Plugins3 framework, improving developer and partner experience generally, and growing the Atlassian Marketplace with new products and features to help third party developers write add-ons (plugins and extensions) to Atlassian products and partner by selling them through the Atlassian Marketplace. You will have strong technology product management skills to define the roadmaps by evaluating market opportunities, analyzing Marketplace customer and partner needs, and studying industry trends. You'll identify and prioritize features, enhancements, optimizations to the business model, and ecosystem partners; all working closely with the development team and the management team. Ideally you're also a strategic thinker who is analytically strong and detail oriented, adept at multitasking and prioritizing, and have a solid technical background or experience with software development tools and collaboration technologies. Aside from individual responsibilities, this role offers a key membership of the Atlassian Product Management team, and reports to the Group Manager of Atlassian Marketplace.
- Own and drive the strategy/direction of Atlassian's Marketplace based on a strong knowledge of trends in software development tools and collaboration technologies, and/or a desire to think like a third-party developer partner at all times
- Product and technology management of the Atlassian ecosystem as it relates to outside developer technologies, such as the Atlassian Marketplace, the plugin development framework (Plugins3), the Atlassian Plugin SDK, external APIs
- Collaborate closely with the cross-product and product development teams to define and deliver new products (such as the Universal Plugin Manager) and product capabilities targeted at extending the Atlassian ecosystem
- Build the external development community and strengthen via training, evangelism, support, and customer/partner meetings
- Assist the development team in building software infrastructure or plugins to allow outside developers to extend the Atlassian ecosystem
- Assimilate feed back from customers, partners and the competitive landscape for Product Management for incorporation into future product releases
- Work with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to define and execute product roll-out plans, and have key content input to emphasize value props and differentiation
- Monitor and analyze competing products and perform feature/functionality analysis and benchmarking
- Monitor and analyze the developer ecosystem so the overall health and vitality of the ecosystem can be gauged and reported on
- Motivated, no-bullshit self-starter. Enthusiastic. Creative. Pragmatic. Analytical
- BA/BS/CS degree level education
- Minimum 2 years of product management or technical product marketing experience in a high tech, software company — ideally focused on ecosystems or software development tools
- Passion for working with partners, growing an ecosystem, analyzing products, customers and market dynamics
- Focus on metrics and benchmarking; identify success criteria and plan to track, measure and report
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and results oriented; demonstrate track record of proactively establishing and following through on commitments
- Excellent organizational, statistical, strategic thinking, problem-solving, analytical, written and oral presentation skills
- Strong blend of business acumen, technical knowledge, and strategic perspective
- Driven, high energy level, and strong commitment to driving results
- Ability to drive cross-functional collaboration and build consensus without clear authority
- Previous experience as a software developer and/or dev lead is ideal
YOUR DREAM JOB
Atlassian was named one of the "2010 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America," and is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in over 23,000 enterprise customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam we are growing fast and full of opportunities.
We are building a different kind of software company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. At Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
LOVE GOING TO WORK?
We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work.
In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions. Check out a short video created by Atlassian staff on our values.
"I love that Atlassians are killer smart, have amazing ideas that they love to share, . . . challenge the status quo on a daily basis, and are dedicated to making Atlassian the best place to work ever." - Julie Rogers, Talent Team
OF TECH TALENT