Yelp is looking for a Product Manager to focus on our revenue generating products. In this role you will evaluate new opportunities, define the product roadmap, and lead the execution of key features for local business owners.
- Define products and features that monetize the value Yelp brings to local businesses
- Work with our all-star engineering team to hone and iterate on your ideas
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new features and issues
- Manage the design/build/test/release process end-to-end
- Strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate
Requirements (and we mean it!):
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our enginerds about Python, map reduce jobs, and naive Bayesian algorithms without a translator.
- Problem Solver: Love to figure out complex problems and constantly think about how to make processes more efficient.
- Design Chops: While Yelp PMs hold technical degrees, we're also passionate about design and have either schooling or significant experience building beautiful sites or apps. You should, too.
- Passion about the Space: You love the world of local search, social networking, and consumer websites.
- Non-Nerd Empathy: You're interested in Hacker News, Twitter, etc. as much as the next nerd, but you also recognize that you're designing for a non-techie audience.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp: Like a BFF or a tee ball coach, you should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong. You'll need to be able to dish out the criticism here and take it, too.
- A Need for Speed: Daily release cycle? Bring it!
Send us a note sharing why you fit the requirements above and ideas on how you would improve Yelp!
OF TECH TALENT