Our mission at Sortable is to make it easy for people to make decisions about which product or service to use, for example their next camera, phone, or TV purchase, or their next meal, movie, or trip. Sortable’s focus is making these decisions easy for ordinary people by handling all the data analysis and surfacing the best options in simple, beautiful interfaces. Sortable is a 10 person engineering driven startup, our fast growing websites are used by millions of visitors each month, and we need to expand!
As the Product Designer at Sortable you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience across Sortable’s websites.
· Work with the executive team to lead product design from conception until launch
· Create wireframes and mockups to communicate designs
· Ship incredible products working with our engineering team and graphic designers
· Influence our technology development in order to deliver on what you need to deliver on the next big thing
· Gather data and metrics from web analytics and user testing sessions to prioritize product design
· Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
· Show us a portfolio feature examples of interaction design work
· A good fundamental understanding of designing for the Web and Mobile
· Enough HTML and CSS skills to enable you to discuss tradeoffs with engineers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Worked at a startup before
· Experience Balsamiq, Fireworks and/or Photoshop
· Familiar with Google Analytics, Excel, and other tools for data analysis
· Like to spend lots of time researching products before buying
We offer competitive salaries, health benefits, and top equipment. If you’re interested in building the future of how people make purchase decisions with a group of nice, funny, smart people, then Sortable is the place for you.
· Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
· We are not looking for a form letter, we are looking for applicants to go above and beyond. Tell us why you are the ideal candidate for this opportunity!
Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Rebellion has a cool office space featuring a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water and RedBull. We have a large patio area great for ad hoc meetings or BBQ’s, and have mixed entertainment including video games, 60” TV’s featuring PS2 and Apple TV, or you can challenge a teammate to a game of foosball. My guess is these people will work remotely, possibly based in the US, so this may or may not matter to them.
150 Caroline St. #406, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 0A5
OF TECH TALENT