Want to create products that more than 30 million people use daily? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? You can help build the next-generation of Synacor’s products and create web applications that reach millions of people!
Synacor is seeking a Principal Engineer to work on our Client Engineering team. Principle Engineers at Synacor are hands-on technical leads, facilitating the daily work of the core development team and providing the ongoing direction and design of the application suite. They also work with the key internal teams to scope and plan future work and releases. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations and Quality Assurance Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, and a passion for pushing software to its limits, then pushing it even further! So, if you are interested in having a material impact on applications used by millions of people, then Synacor is the place for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Help guide the core development team and deliverables.
· Help guide development team's tools, processes, and quality/performance of the work produced by the team.
· Drive the SDLC and methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed.
· Collaborate with Business Analysts and PMs to estimate and plan work.
· Work with senior developers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
· Own the relationships with key supporting teams.
· Report critical issues to management effectively, timely, and with clarity.
· Hands-on mentoring of the team.
Education, Experience and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· 3 Years as a Technical Lead or equivalent work experience.
· Strong estimating and planning skills.
· Strong SQL and database skills (MySQL preferred).
· Bug tracking/ticketing software tools experience a must.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, energy and customer service attitude are essential.
· Ability to deliver solutions quickly under strictly controlled environments.
· Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
· Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, etc.
· Experience with version control systems such as Git, Subversion, CVS.
· Experience with Content Management Systems.
· System analysis and software architectural skills.
· Ability to track multiple large and small projects.
What we’ll bring to the table:
· 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
· Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
· Award winning company culture
· Casual dress and flexible environment
· Generous paid time off
· 25 cent vending machines
· Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
· Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
· The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
To apply please visit our website!!
OF TECH TALENT