Part Time Field Technician
Title: Field Technician
Reports to: Field Service Engineer NorthEast
Position Location: Boston Area
The Field Technician will be providing technical support for a new project in an Alpha stage, before and during a clinical study which will take place in patients' homes.
The product is a solution for remote and continuous monitoring of chronic disease patients at their homes, using a contact-free monitoring sulotion.
The job is part time, around 20-30 hours a week and requires installation of the EarlySense systems at homes of patients who will be enrolled for the clinical study, as well as providing hands-on support and troubleshooting both in the field and off-site.
Due to the nature of the project, quick responses and time flexibility will be crucial for its success and will be required from the Field Technician.
- Technical background (Practical technician, specializing in Electronics/IT).
- Background in Electrical Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering or Software Engineering- an advantage.
- Previous experience with Linux OS.
- Bash (or any similar language) script writing experience – an advantage
- Experience in working in clinical settings – an advantage
- Car holder- position will require driving to patients’ homes within Massachusetts (~50% of time is expected to be travel time).
- Time flexibility- ability to respond within the day to installation and other project needs that may come up.
- Install the system at an enrolled patient's house within 24 hours since recruitment to the study.
- Support and troubleshoot the systems after installation and during the period of participation in the study (30 days per patient).
- Maintenance of the central supervision station, located at a home care agency – troubleshooting in case of a problem, providing technical support to the Program Manager.
- Prior to initiation of the Clinical Trial, supporting the systems in the corporate office (Waltham).
- Working closely with EarlySense headquarters in Israel, communicating accurately and in a precise manner any issue encountered (joint research and development effort).
Providing the Company’s R&D team with all the necessary data and information (logs, screenshots, reports, etc.).
- Strong technical approach
- Troubleshooting capabilities: ability to find the source to any issue that comes up, differentiate between similar possible sources, think in many different directions and take educated guesses.
- Performing all the necessary tests to check potential resolutions, even without necessarily solving, until identification of the source of problem.
- International communication with the headquarters’ R&D teams. Time management flexibility is required to enable overseas reporting and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work independently, manage time and prioritize a large variety of tasks.
- Fast thinker, fast learner
EarlySense is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, medical-device company. Founded in 2004, the company has developed a pioneering system that supervises patients by continuously measuring heart rate, respiration rate and movement, as well as detecting bed exits and patient turns. These parameters are measured without ever touching the patient. EarlySense’s innovative technology (FDA and CE approved) supports timely and cost effective patient supervision and early intervention by medical professionals, as well as improved patient care outcomes.Qualified candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
OF TECH TALENT