Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Reporting to the Director, Business Development, the Business Development Manager will manage a significant portion of Turn’s market optimization and media buying efforts. The position requires a combination of strong analytical skills, media buying experience, contract negotiation and aptitude.
As part of the Business Development team, this person will be responsible for managing inventory partnerships and identify new opportunities for growth and revenue. This person will work closely with advertising sales, client services and engineering to ensure that advertiser and publisher needs are efficiently and effectively met. He or she will possess deep understanding of the wide range of publisher inventory (portals, ad exchanges, various bidded marketplaces, media conglomerates, aggregators, vertical websites, etc) and advertiser offers (ad creative, messaging, landing page, conversion funnel-- across a very wide range of industries). This job also requires strong analytical aptitude to analyze and interpret quantitative data and problem-solve.
- Direct experience with one of the large ad exchanges (Right Media, AdX, etc)
- Understanding of ad serving technologies (from Dart, Atlas & also Rich Media vendors)
- Experience with video and / or mobile inventory
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Media buying and/or business development experience in the context of advertising inventory acquisition
- Direct experience at a management level with the advertising network space
- Understanding of the basics of Behavioral and Demographic ad targeting
- Technical understanding of how real-time bidding works.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic account management & contract negotiation skills
- Team player and cross-departmental communicator
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strategic account management skills a must
- Experience with a variety of advertising categories and understanding of what inventory works for what advertisers, at what prices
- Knowledge of auction markets (display or search)
- Basic knowledge of cookies
- Basic familiarity with web analytics
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience and/or strong desire to work in a high pressure, high demand entrepreneurial environment
- BA required, MBA or BS in analytical or engineering-related field preferred
Location: New York
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
OF TECH TALENT