Do you live and breathe PR? Does your dinner party guest list regularly include the likes of Arianna Huffington, Anna Wintour, Rupert Murdoch (pre-phone hacking), Pete Cashmore, Eric Eldon, Kara Swisher, and David Kirpatrick? Do you secretly wish you could have been a developer, but were graced with kickass writing skills over coding abilities?
If you answered yes to the questions above, you may just be the perfect fit for our new PR/AR Manager role. We’re looking for a hands-on contributor with extensive PR experience and a strong technical understanding to manage market analyst relations program, as well as PR campaigns for our developer product portfolio including Stash, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Fisheye.
Could you be the one?
Here are a few more qualities we’re looking for:
- You can find the interesting pitch in any story -- heck, you could even spin a night at home of staring at the wall into a nail-biting story.
- You come up with so many awesome creative ideas that choosing the best one is like trying to choose between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady for your football team.
- You’ve got a knack for knowing what will interest reporters and how to shape your messaging for different audiences.
- You juggle high-priority tasks like a performer in Cirque du Soleil juggles, well, anything.
- You return emails and phone calls before you’ve even received them.
- You’re known around town as a decorated member of “the grammar police.”
- You’re deeply immersed and well versed in tech.
- Some call you the “developer whisperer” you’re so good at understanding engineering’s point of view and knowing how to marry it with marketing’s.
- You’re a natural relationship builder - you’re in it for the long haul with reporters, analysts, and other industry people.
What you’ll do
As the PR/AR Manager, your time will be split between driving and managing AR campaigns across all Atlassian products (40%), planning and executing PR campaigns for the developer product portfolio (45%), and submitting award entries and various one-off projects (15%).
- Work collaboratively with Corp Comm (CC) and the Developer Product team (DPT) to create effective campaigns that drive awareness and trial of our developer product portfolio.
- Present programs and results to CC and DPT.
- Drive creation of PR campaigns and media materials including press releases, fact sheets, customer testimonials, contributed articles, and speaking abstracts.
- Over time, act as a company spokesperson to tech and developer media.
- Manage media relations on behalf of the DPT brand.
- Identify and develop PR opportunities and story ideas.
- Work with social media and user group teams to leverage PR and AR opportunities
- Manage market analyst briefings and relationships with vendors
- Work with the vice president of product marketing and the product leads for market analyst materials
What you’ve done
- Minimum 6-8 years public relations work experience, preferably a combination of PR agency and in-house experience (Senior Account Executive level or higher).
- Event planning experience either at an agency or in-house preferred.
- Lover of all things developer-oriented.
- Demonstrated creative thinking abilities.
- Experience managing consumer product PR campaigns.
- Metrics driven - experience measuring impact and ROI of PR campaigns.
- Confident communicator. Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills including press releases and internal marketing presentations.
- Experience as a spokesperson with traditional and social media.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment; flexible in meeting deadlines and urgent requests.
- Ability to prioritize between numerous high-profile projects and responsibilities.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Highly motivated, works well individually and on a team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
Your Dream Job
Atlassian was named one of the "2010 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America," and is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in over 17,000 enterprise customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam we are growing fast and full of opportunities.
We are building a different kind of software company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. At Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Love Going To Work?
We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work.
In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions. Check out a short video created by Atlassian staff on our values.
"I love that Atlassians are killer smart, have amazing ideas that they love to share, . . . challenge the status quo on a daily basis, and are dedicated to making Atlassian the best place to work ever." - Julie Rogers, Talent Team
OF TECH TALENT