Burlingame School District
- Network Supervisor
- Burlingame School District seeks an Energetic, Innovative, Leader who is willing to accept a unique, multi-faceted challenging leadership opportunity.
- Compensation: $75,281 (step 1) to $86,695 (step 4); total of 16 steps on the salary schedule. $1,000 for Masters and $1000 for Doctorate; comprehensive H & W package.
- Vacation: 20 days
- Holidays:15 days
- Closing Date: Until Filled
- To apply: Submit an application package consisting of a Letter of Intent, Resume, District Administrative Application (available at www.bsd.k12.ca.usunder Human Resources, Applications, Administrative Application), 3 Letters of Reference, Copies of Certifications. Please submit materials to 1825 Trousdale Drive, Burlingame, CA 94010. Address questions to email@example.com.
- Position Summary
- Under minimal supervision, under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent, Chief Business Official, Network Supervisor will coordinate with the users in the purchase, installation and support of networking and desktop hardware and software. Will manage and supervise the tech support staff as needed. Will provide hands-on technical support for LAN/WAN connectivity, email, network trouble-shooting, servers, VoIP phone systems and other PC/MAC applications.
- Essential Functions:
- Examples of Duties:
- Manage and maintain daily tasks for IT department staff.
- Assign and schedule technicians for district technology projects; manage Help Desk.
- Assist users in selecting appropriate desktop and network hardware and software based on BSD Standards.
- Provide technical support for network, phone system, and video.
- Install, configure and maintain local and wide area network components, such as Mac Server /Windows 2008R2, Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cat 6 cabling, fiber optics.
- Develop automated procedures through staff in support of departmental functions and BSD Strategic Plan.
- Assist in the support of systems as directed by direct supervisor and other Cabinet staff.
- Maintain web content filters.
- Coordinate with Education Services for all instructional technology needs.
Training and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience installing and maintaining networks.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or extensive equivalent training and experience.
- Extensive equivalent training and experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- Certified Microsoft courses preferred.
- Certified Cisco Network Administrator (CCNA) is highly preferred.
- A+ Certification required or equivalent experience.
- Macintosh 10.5 and later and PC systems, i.e., Windows XP, Windows 7.
- Network operating systems, i.e., Windows 2008, Cisco IOS 11x-12.
- Office suite applications MS Office 2007 and later.
- Good knowledge of Kerio Mail
- Good knowledge of Lightspeed systems.
- iPad deployment.
- Cisco VoIP phone systems.
- Use of networking and desktop hardware components.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN network protocols, IP, OSPF, BGP, IPv6.
- Good working knowledge of Cisco routers and IOS configurations.
- IIS web server configurations and setup.
- Excellent working knowledge of Open Directory and Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs.
- Good scripting knowledge, VBS, Pearl, PHP.
- Working knowledge of VoIP, convergence technologies.
- Cisco Wireless networks.
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Implementation of Instructional Technology advancement.
- Work within and lead a team.
- Be a leader and communicate and work effectively with others.
- Understand written and oral instructions.
- Organize and plan an effective work schedule with users.
- Install personal computers, networks, and applications.
- Diagnose and fix hardware and software problems, both in person and remotely.
- Train others in the use and functions of network resources.
- Provide and maintain documentation of installed systems.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work at multiple sites and locations each day.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Valid California Driver’s License.
- The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this positions classification will exert 0 to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- May occasionally lift and stack heavy objects not to exceed 50 lbs.
- This type of work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve waling or standing for brief periods.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally to retrieve files.
OF TECH TALENT