Yelp is looking for a MySQL Database Administrator at all levels to support our fast growing website. The database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and repair of Yelp's database. The role includes the development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. They may also plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
- Optimize MySQL database performance in the presence of flying darts
- Configure and support MySQL replication
- Develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage
- Refine mechanisms for database backup and restoration
- Assist and review designs and optimization strategies of the database systems
- Develop application-specific fault-tolerant distributed database mechanisms
Requirements (and we mean it!):
- Demonstrated experience with relational database design
- Demonstrated experience with relational database performance tuning and capacity planning especially on MySQL based environments
- Strong systems administration and automation skills
- Experience with open source/linux development and production
- Min. BS Computer Science or equivalent
- Min. 2 years experience as a DBA or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of humor!
- In-depth MySQL experience (high availability, scale-out, replication)
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site
- Experience with distributed database systems
- Proficiency in python or other programming language
- Experience using and developing a data warehousing/business intelligence system
Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites/blogs.
OF TECH TALENT