We’re looking for a standout, passionate, and resourceful front-end engineer to join our team. You will work with developers, designers, product managers, and business representatives to collaboratively create Pictela's premium advertising units running on mobile and tablet devices. This is an exciting opportunity that few web companies can offer to solve technology problems on a large scale and for a company where your work is key to the success of the business.
- Responsible for the development of HTML5 advertising units for iOS and android devices
- Owns full life cycle of development for a component of a product or system.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs and implements software for a component of the system design.
- Actively participates in code reviews.
- Effectively communicates technical aspects of the job to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understands how group’s activities fit with other groups and the entire product.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, XML, AJAX
- Experience building single page applications on mobile/tablet devices
- Can troubleshoot and resolve cross-browser issues.
- Experience utilizing and creating sprites and cut art for use on web sites across browsers
- Experience with one of the mobile technologies (iOS and Android)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience using GIT or other version control
- Flash and AS3
- Core understanding of Unix, Apache Tomcat and server architecture
- Experience developing art for the web using Adobe Photoshop and similar tools
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, etc.
- 2-5 years of web development experience
**No agencies or third parties please**
**Local candidates only – no relocation assistance provided**
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
OF TECH TALENT