The Mobile/Video Product Director is responsible for the full product lifecycle from ideation through delivery, including driving product roadmaps, drafting product requirements and guiding the development process to successful product launch. You will build/package mobile products from existing capabilities as well as develop new concepts based on deep industry experience and consistent contact with customers and prospects. You will act as the primary subject matter expert for all things Mobile/Video including the competitive landscape, existing and emerging ad units, digital platforms, ad serving capabilities and mobile campaign measurement and insights methodologies.
- Manage the entire Mobile/Video product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. From ideation to requirements definition, to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with internal teams (Development, Strategy, Marketing)
- Develop and own the global Mobile/Video product strategy, informed by customer and market insights, competitive pressures and corporate objectives – and use it to align and energize key stakeholders and team members responsible for the product lifecycle
- Specify market requirements for current and future Mobile/Video products by conducting primary market research; conduct regular site visits to customers and non-customers
- Define a detailed global mobile product roadmap based on the Mobile/Video product strategy and drive the alignment of key product releases to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key metrics and market forces
- Maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves. Capture and articulate product requirements in concise MRDs and PRDs
- Analyze potential partner relationships for all mobile products
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Establish business metrics and key market research questions and work with the market research and insights team to gather key customer insights to inform optimization or new product development
- Meticulously think through every aspect of the user experience, putting users' needs first in the definition of requirements
Requirements & Skills
- BS in technical or quantitative discipline; MBA a plus
- 5 years experience in Product Management (or equivalent role that straddles both technology and business functions)
- Experience in the Mobile/Video online advertising space is required
- Strong customer focus, with a track record of using customer insights to shape product strategy and drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle.
- Adept at analyzing competitive and adjacent products and using those insights to improve the product and anticipate competitive threats before they happen.
- Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance market needs with business priorities, manage conflict, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Strategic thinker; can manage long-term and cross-product issues
OF TECH TALENT