As an essential member of the marketing team, this management position is the primary owner of developing the strategy for our SEM, affiliate, and online marketing programs that drive sales for SmileMakers. The Digital Marketing Manager leads internal program managers and external vendors, who plan, manage and execute all aspects of these key programs. The Digital Marketing Manager is accountable for meeting new customer goals, revenue goals, and cost targets, providing accurate and timely reporting, and developing and driving strategy for current and future initiatives. In a fast and dynamic environment, this position also takes on special projects aimed at driving incremental sales.
- Leads development and execution of online marketing channel initiatives for SmileMakers.com. Manages allocation of budget to appropriate marketing channels to drive top-line sales, customer acquisition, and increased share of wallet. Prioritizes resources and project schedule to align campaign activities with business objectives.
- Identifies new opportunities to grow online marketing efforts, and manages on-boarding process for new programs including vendor negotiation and implementation. Responsible for management and oversight of agency partner relationships for online marketing campaigns.
- Defines Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for success in online marketing channels, and communicates performance and results to executive team and key stakeholders.
- Champions opportunities to integrate marketing and merchandising promotional events into online channels. Develops awareness of opportunities, provides forecast for anticipated results, and recommends best practices approach for execution.
- Monitors and gathers competitive intelligence to improve footprint in the online marketplace. Stays current with recent developments and industry trends. Utilizes tools and research projects to monitor market share, share of voice, and awareness in the online arena.
Provides key insights on competitor activities and strategies to compete more effectively.
Provides digital marketing thought leadership to organization.
- Support associate development of direct reports and team members. Provide opportunities for associates to take ownership of initiatives and coaching to successful completion.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 years of related digital marketing experience
- Experience managing the performance of online marketing campaigns in one or more of the following channels: paid search (SEM), affiliate marketing, shopping comparison sites, social media. Familiarity with e-commerce and an understanding of tracking web marketing activity.
- Coach and develop associates to meet or exceed business objectives and attain successful career development
- Foster an environment of collaboration and innovation to expand the organization’s digital marketing competency
- Adaptable, flexible, proactive professional style that can prioritize work, navigate successfully in a cross functional/matrix environment and engage support functions as required to complete the work
- Overall, strong communication and interpersonal skills. This individual will interact with a variety of partners from external agencies and data folks over internal creative agency to marketing managers and senior executives
Excellent time-management and project-management skills: this person will be constantly challenged to balance multiple initiatives/ projects/ tasks
OF TECH TALENT