The New York Times is seeking an intellectually curious and passionate manager who is eager to dive into the various technologies and products that support the digital advertising business. If you have background and interest in DMPs and programmatic buying and would like to build these capabilities for a premium publisher this could be the perfect opportunity for you. The ideal candidate will have the skills necessary to explain complex technical elements of today's rapidly evolving online advertising landscape clearly across many business units including sales, marketing and product. You will collaborate with operations, technology, sales and research colleagues as well as ad agencies and service providers.
Join our team focused specifically on exploring and operationalizing new technologies to support our advertising objectives.
- BA or BS from accredited 4 year university
- Minimum 5+ years experience in online advertising or media and 2+ years working with programmatic buying and data management technologies
- Familiarity with advertising technologies on the sell-side or buy-side of the online ad landscape including survey, data collection, verification, real-time bidding, behavioral targeting, cookie matching and exchanges
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the online advertising world and the digital media landscape
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with extreme attention to detail while maintaining a sense of humor
- A proven ability to both do tactical work and set an overall strategy when working on a project
- Excellent communication and project management skills and the ability to work strategically with internal and external clients
- Experience managing people preferred
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
OF TECH TALENT