Tableau Software is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world, with nearly 100% annual sales growth. Tableau makes fast analytics and visualization products that help people see and understand data of any size or format. The company is on its way to becoming a large, market-defining company in the business intelligence industry and is next in a long line of high profile Stanford spinouts (e.g., Google, Yahoo, VMWare). Customers of all sizes use our products, from Fortune 500 companies, to video game designers, to scientists in the jungles of Central America, to high school principals. Our software is for anyone with data and questions! Additionally, Tableau’s web products (www.tableaupublic.com) are used by bloggers, journalists, and major media web sites to share data online as interactive visualizations. Check out our products at: www.tableausoftware.com/products/tour.
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
The Linux Systems Administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, application software and related infrastructure.
The Linux Systems Administrator will participate in all phases of development and deployment. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of development and operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation also involves the transition of software from development to production by performing deployment activities within the project life cycle. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Maintain system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems escalating application problems to vendor.
Who you are…
- Experienced. You have at least 4 years of experience as a Linux and Windows system administrator. You must have a strong ability to utomate tasks using scripting
- Educated. You have a BS degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Domain. You have a strong ability to automate tasks using scripting languages (Python, PERL, Bash/Korn Shell etc), and have demonstrated success in reducing manual efforts through scripting and automation
- Highly Technical. You have proven understanding of high availability, data/system replication, and disaster recovery methodologies in the system and database spaces (MySQL Postgres,Vertica)
- Flexible. You are able to participate in an on-call rotation.
To apply, please visit:http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TABLEAU&cws=1&rid=1103
To learn more about Tableau’s culture, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.
OF TECH TALENT