AOL Advertising is revolutionizing the way online advertising works. We operate on the cutting edge of media, giving clients a diversity of means to reach the affluent, influential audiences that consume AOL content on a daily basis. AOL is uniquely positioned in the marketplace to work with brands to move their stories forward given our focus on original content, sophisticated distribution models and social marketing approaches. We are creating high impact experiences that engage consumers around preeminent content brands and powerful editorial approaches. We are taking a cross platform approach to programming that enables our experiences to move from one form to the next like our consumers do. Lastly, we are driving conversation inspired by content, driven in no small part by the Huffington Post, which is core to the DNA we have in the social content space.
We are THE global partner of choice for premium publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. How does the Group work together?
o ADTECH – manages and optimizes delivery of display, video, mobile, and rich media campaigns from a single ad management platform.
o Advertising.com – monetizes inventory and optimizes campaigns with the industry’s most advanced technology and premium ad network.
o Advertising.com Sponsored Listings (ASL) – completes text ad monetization services for publishers and advertisers.
o AOL Premium Formats – drives engaging experiences and captives audiences with premium formats.
o AOL Video – monetizes your video content and seamlessly integrates premium video content to partner sites.
Advertising is a results business and these results are easily defined thanks to premium platforms such as AdLearn – the technology at the heart of Advertising.com that processes up to ten billion transactions per day. No other advertising solutions produce the kind of results we attain.
This position is supporting the Advertising.com line of business.
As a member of Technology Operations, the Systems Administrator’s (SA) responsibilities extend across two major functional areas - the operational health of infrastructure systems in a 24x7x365 Internet production, QA, and development environments and the creation and maintenance of operations policies and procedures. The incumbents must be comfortable with their ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide Tier 2 support to issues escalated from Technical Support team. Interface with development teams, software vendors, or other Tier 2 teams to resolve issues.
• Serve in a 24/7 on-call rotation as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents.
• Work with Technology Operations in setting operations policy and procedure, such as related to patch management, monitoring, security, shared tools, shared infrastructure, etc.
• Research, design, develop and implement solutions for fault tolerance, performance, capacity, and configuration management for applications.
• Identifies production stability concerns via break point and impact analysis. Designs, develops and implements remediation plans to address.
• Designs, develops, and implements documentation and/or tools to facilitate Technical Support team responsibilities and application maintenance.
Required and Preferred Skills:
• Systems Administrator should have mid-level Linux operating systems, including High Availability configurations, security and patch management. Experience managing large server fleets is highly desired.
• Experience installing and administering software packages.
• Functional scripting experience to produce solutions and perform troubleshooting. (perl, vb script, shell scripting)
• Grasp of Internet network concepts, protocols and associated services (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP).
• Functional experience in monitoring technology (such as Zenoss), clustering technology (such as VERITAS Cluster Server), and VMware/virtualization administration.
• Familiarity with mass storage systems and SAN/NAS environments and their capacity to meet application needs.
• Very strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The Individual will frequently be required to analyze and predict performance capabilities of a given application system.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) incumbent must be able to exchange information with technical and non-technical individuals in a clear and concise manner.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline AND…
• 3-5 years in a technical role involving applications operation and management, preferably in a 24-7-365 production environment.
*must have linux knowledge
OF TECH TALENT