As a Linux Engineer you will be joining our Infrastructure & QA team responsible for designing, building and operating our engineering infrastructure. We operate complex systems to manage, build, stress and performance test our codebase and releases, in our own datacenter and on public clouds. Product quality is extremely important to us: we automate everything we can to make the product supremely robust and see this role as an important and challenging role within the team. The potential to pick up new languages and tools quickly with an eye for detail is more important than previous experience. Strong technical skills and great communication skills are both equally important.
• Take ownership for development and testing of our build system, test system, performance testing suite and other tools
• Enhance and operate the test infrastructure, including locally hosted and co-located hardware, locally hosted VMs and EC2 instances
• Own and develop the product installer and other product deployment software
• Support our Linux and Mac company desktop infrastructure
• Provide advice and support to developers on architecting tests, analysing and reporting on test coverage and make recommendations on ways to expand coverage
• Support and configure the base OS and build system – package up first and third party code and upstream security fixes for multiple operating systems and configurations
Skills and Experience
• A degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline is desirable
• A good understanding of data structure design and concurrency
• Familiarity using and administering Linux environments (especially Debian and Redhat), including shell scripting
• Experience programming with Python, Perl, Bash, Java, C or OCaml would be desirable
• Awareness of build systems, including Make, Ant and SPEC files is desirable
• Prior experience with automated testing and QA processes is desirable but not essential
• Great verbal and written communication skills with people of varying levels of technical expertise
Acunu tackles the complexity and efficiency challenges posed by Big Data applications. We deliver a turn- key analytics, database and storage stack that is scalable, robust and cost-effective, on premise or in the cloud. We provide the infrastructure so you can deliver immediate insights.
Acunu was founded in 2009 and is backed by some of Europe’s top VC funds. Started by a unique mix of researchers and engineers from Cambridge and Oxford Universities, Acunu has offices in London and San Francisco.
We currently have a world-class engineering team and we're looking for the brightest, smartest people who want to make a difference. We offer good salaries, a benefits package including share options and a stimulating and fun environment. For more information, visit www.acunu.com.
OF TECH TALENT