The launchers drop into an area like SEAL team 6 and operationalize a new Uber city within a matter of a couple months. It takes a mixture of marketing creativity, analytical brains and pure hustle to bring a new city to life quickly. This tiger team travels around the globe growing Uber from the ground up, so we need the best. If that's you, get excited!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Researching your city and learning the transportation pain points, regulations and market opportunity for Uber.
- Creating and executing local marketing strategies to encourage user adoption and penetration for Uber of the market.
- Setting up partnerships and managing relationships with drivers to get the supply side ready for Uber’s launch.
- Exploring business development opportunities (sponsorships, partnerships, and co-marketing promotions) to increase awareness and visibility of Uber in local communities.
- Finding, hiring and guiding a team to run the city for when you whisk off to your next Uber mission.
- Throwing a baller event to get Uber off the ground.
WHAT YOU MUST BE:
- A total hustler; You don’t fold under pressure; in fact you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful and logical way.
- Detail oriented; your Google calendar can be crammed, but it’s organized, totally manageable and you don’t miss a beat.
- A charmer; you can easily identify and network with the influencers of a city.
- A jack of many trades; from biz dev and operations to party-planning and customer support, and you’re excited to flex each of these muscles.
- A quarterback; we’ve got a launch playbook, now you’ve just got to execute to a T and call a few audibles here and there.
- Fired up about Uber; you are ready to live, eat and breathe Uber, spreading the love to everyone you encounter
- A person of high integrity; you're running the show on a launch and we need trust that you've got the best interests of the company in mind. You'll have a lot of responsibility, so you've got to step up to the plate.
- 3+ years of marketing or operations management experience (or related).
- Experience creating, executing, and tracking a marketing plan.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Successfully executed business development opportunities and negotiating partnerships.
- Have weathered early startup environment.
- BA degree in business, finance or marketing (MBA a-plus).
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: German, Russian, Italian, French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Portuguese
OF TECH TALENT