We’re Pawel, Christoph and Nicolas, and together we’re Point Nine Capital. We’re a venture capital firm based in Berlin. In fact, we’re the first Internet-focused early-stage VC to come out of Berlin. We're looking for a truffle pig – that is, an Investment Associate who will become an integral member of our investment team.
A big part of our job (and your job, if you join us) is somewhat similar to what the pig is doing in this video. But we're not talking about roaming the streets to the tune of techno music. We're talking about truffle hunting. Like a truffle pig hunting for truffles, we’re constantly trying to find the best startups. Every month we get around 150 investment proposals, and our job is to identify the truffles among them. Besides that, we also spend a significant amount of time trying to find the best startups before they find us. Digging up truffles from the ground, so to speak. And once we've found a truffle, we do everything we can to make it even more delicious.
Here’s what we think the right pig will look like:
- You're a digital native and an early adopter of new technologies. You used Instagram when it was still cool (#before #this #happened), you bought the first generation iPhone when it came out in 2007 and you were one of SoundCloud's first users. And this was the soundtrack of your teenage years.
- You have an insatiable hunger for truffles thirst to learn new things, deep knowledge of the Internet economy and familiarity with the startup and VC world. When you hear 37signals you don’t think of body temperature, and when you hear Sequoia you don’t think of the tree.
- You maintain a healthy work/life balance by defining work as life. OK, that was a half joke, but this is not a 9-to-5 job. We’re kind of like a startup ourselves and are looking for someone with entrepreneurial drive and passion for new technology ventures.
- You do not only have a good nose, you also have truly outstanding analytical skills and you enjoy crunching numbers with Excel (or Google Spreadsheets). You're a good communicator as well.
- If you can code or design, or if you can write great copy or if you’re really good at something else, that’s a big plus. If you have an MBA or work experience in finance, startups, consulting or even venture capital that can be a another plus, but it's not a must-have. Rocket scientists are welcome, too.
What you'll get:
- An extremely exciting job in a meritocratic, no-nonsense, no-ego environment
- The opportunity to meet lots of interesting people, products and technologies
- The ability to learn new things and advance your career at record speed
- A chance to immerse yourself in Berlin's bustling startup scene and to help us create a leading European early-stage VC
- A MacBook Air or a dusty old Microsoft machine. Your choice.
- A competitive salary
If you want to become our new truffle pig we would love to hear from you. In order for us to be able to assess your trufflepigness, please get in touch with Nicolas:
- Tell us about two truffles that you are aware of. Tell us, in around 250 words or less per startup, why we should invest in that company. If you're not aware of any great new startups at the moment you can also tell us about two of your favorite companies that we have missed and that we should have invested in.
- Send us your resume and any other information you think might be helpful.
- Let us know the URLs or user names of your online presences – LinkedIn, XING, Twitter, Quora etc.
Oink oink, that was it, we look forward to hearing from you!
[You can read the full online version here!]
OF TECH TALENT