In the past few years HipChat has become the chat tool loved by Quora, Instagram, Tumblr, Wired, and thousands of other great companies. We've been shipping features like crazy but need people to help us take it to the next level.
- Huge impact - Thousands of the brightest teams rely on HipChat to bring their companies together and get work done. You'll be designing, building, and shipping features that they'll love.
- Independence - We're hiring great people and letting them do what they do best. No handholding or micromanaging. Plus, we actually use our 20% time and ShipIt days to build cool stuff.
- Part of a great company - Right now we're a team of 5 inside Atlassian's beautiful San Francisco office. Atlassian lives by their strong company values and they have a customer list even more impressive than our own.
Who We’re Looking For:
Someone who can help design, build, automate, monitor, and scale the services and systems that power HipChat.
- You desire to design and build systems that are highly available, scalable, and simple.
- You know how to code and understand the value of automation.
- Not using a config management tool like Chef or Puppet scares you (we're Chef fans).
- You're comfortable using nginx to serve web traffic, working with databases like MySQL/Redis/CouchDB, and running a system on Amazon EC2.
- You are proud of your development environment and always seek out the best tools.
- You use the best of open-source and contribute back to the community.
- You can convey complex thoughts using emoticons only.
Your Dream Job
Atlassian was named one of the "2010 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America," and is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in over 23,000 enterprise customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam we are growing fast and full of opportunities. Check out this blog to see how Atlassian is revolutionizing the world of recruiting and HR.
We are building a different kind of software company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. At Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Love Going to Work?
We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work.
In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions. Check out a short video created by Atlassian staff on our values.
"I love that Atlassians are killer smart, have amazing ideas that they love to share, . . . challenge the status quo on a daily basis, and are dedicated to making Atlassian the best place to work ever." - Julie Rogers, Talent Team
OF TECH TALENT