This position is based in New York, NY.
The area: Software Engineering
Google's Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.
The role: Software Engineer in Test
As a Software Engineer in Test, you have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and to improve the quality of Google products. You will be responsible for designing and implementing development and test infrastructure. You will be part of an Engineering team that is working on problems in a number of areas,including caching optimizations, content delivery, network protocols, machine learning, and mobile products. Your focus is developing code rather than fixing or finding bugs. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves.
You will typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and across focus area. As a result, you get exposure to a broader set of problems which allows for fast career growth and proximity to abundant technical problems.
Google Software Engineer in Test are focused on the hardest, most interesting aspects of delivering high quality software. For someone who wants to learn and grow as an engineer, having access to all of the Google products and platforms along with the vast compute infrastructure provides a unique opportunity.
- Design and Implement development and test infrastructure.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant working experience).
- MS or PhD
- 1 year relevant work experience.
- Proficient in refactoring, test automation, emergent design, testable and modular code, build infrastructure, test-driven development.
- Extensive knowledge of web protocols, networking, and systems.
- Strong programming skills in C, C++, Java or Python.
- Commitment to delivering great software and releasing it quickly, efficiently and with increasing quality.
OF TECH TALENT