This position is based in Cambridge, MA. There are related positions available in Irvine, CA; Mountain View, CA (global HQ); San Bruno, CA; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; and Seattle/Kirkland, WA. Relocation assistance is available.
The area: Software Engineering
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.
The role: Software Engineer
We need world-class engineers to join our engineering team in developing our next-generation search engine and related technologies. We're working on problems in a number of areas, including cutting-edge information retrieval algorithms, scalability issues related to dealing with huge amounts of data and a rapidly increasing user population, and a variety of novel search features.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 2 years relevant work experience, including 1 year industry experience.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10 years relevant work experience, including experience programming in C++ and/or Java.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience developing/designing large software systems.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience with iOS and mobile/tablet development.
OF TECH TALENT