For immediate consideration, please apply here.
Please note e-mailed applications will not be considered.
This position is based in Ann Arbor, MI.
The area: Large Customer Sales (LCS)
The regional Large Customer Sales (LCS) teams partner closely with our major advertising clients and agencies to develop digital solutions that build our clients' businesses and brands. We are in a unique and exciting position to shape how marketing and business is conducted in the digital age. We generate revenue from across Google's broad range of solutions, from Google AdWords, to YouTube, to Mobile, that help our customers connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences and get the most out of the web.
The role: Head of Industry, Education
Reach for new revenue-generating heights as a Sales Googler. Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. You leverage your entrepreneurial drive to target, educate and persuade new customers to embrace Google's latest advertising products and technologies. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, understand the details of individual campaigns and persistently explore and uncover the business needs of your key clients. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
- Manage a team and work with the regional sales teams to target existing and some new customers and to develop strong relationships with clients and their marketing services agencies.
- Drive revenue growth in your region/industry by developing senior-level relationships, overseeing agency relationships and partnering with your National Industry Director.
- Analyze data trends and client performance, develop solid strategic sales plans, and prepare and conduct strategic pitches and sales presentations.
- Plan and coordinate cross-functional relationships within Google and major customers to increase and optimize advertising expenditures.
- Develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with customers and to serve as an evangelist to targeted events and conferences.
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 10 years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, or media.
- Demonstrated success at working with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships across departments; deep cross-functional understanding of media businesses and management operations within the digital media ecosystem; proven success in business development, client relationship and servicing skills, and solution-based selling.
- Strong knowledge of, and established relationships within, a specific region and/or the display advertising (interactive marketing) industry and of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy.
- Strong sales and deal-closing behaviours. Demonstrable experience in business development, client relationship and consultative selling.
- Broad knowledge of sales and management, and proven team management experience.
OF TECH TALENT