This position is based in New York, NY.
The area: Software Engineering
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.
The role: Front End Software Engineer
As a Front End Software Engineer at Google, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with AJAX and similar technologies. You will play a key role in helping Google build next-generation web applications like GMail, Google Docs, Google Maps, and iGoogle.
- Build next-generation web applications with a focus on the client side.
- Redesign UI's, Implement new UI's, and pick up Java as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 2 years relevant work experience.
- 4 years relevant work experience.
- Significant development experience in a lower level language (C/C++ or Java).
- User Interface design knowledge.
- Experience with server-side web frameworks such as JSP or ASP.Net a plus.
OF TECH TALENT