Farallon Geographics helps government and business make smarter, more effective decisions using map- and location-based information. Clients use our solutions to manage assets, respond to emergencies, conserve resources, assess risk and identify opportunity.
Farallon Geographics, Inc. seeks an innovative and entrepreneurial GIS Web Application Developer to join our geospatial systems integration team. We desire an enthusiastic engineer who can develop efficient, well-structured systems to power our suite of enterprise map-based asset management and decision support applications. We are seeking an expert with object-oriented technologies who can work comfortably with enterprise relational databases and a variety of technologies.
Farallon offers a competitive salary commensurate with your talents and an excellent benefits program including health, vision, life and 401K.
To apply send a cover letter (including why you are interested in maps/geographic data and Farallon Geographics and your most recent salary) and resume (PDF format preferred, .doc accepted) to: jobs at fargeo.com
San Francisco Bay Area and Portland, OR residents preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of creating services driven web applications using Python or .NET/.NET MVC (C# preferred)
- Familiarity with common design patterns used in web development (e.g., Active Record, Repository)
- Strong understanding of RDBMS and SQL
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively in a small team using Agile development approaches, sometimes with minimal oversight
- Experience with Open Source and proprietary GIS technologies (such as GeoServer and ArcGIS Server) is desirable
- Mobile application development experience a plus (Android preferred)
OF TECH TALENT