JUXT is an award-winning agency based in San Francisco. We make websites and apps but we are more than a digital shop. We create large-scale interactive experiences but we’re more than an experiential firm. We’re not synergistic. We’re not 360. We’re not an advertising agency. We are unlike anything we’ve done before. We are a modern creative agency of tinkerers, believers, dreamers, and creators. We imagine things that work.
Our current client roster includes NFL Networks, Cisco, Toyota, Scion, Volkswagen, and Honda.
With a newly established leadership team and a renewed commitment to servicing the Bay Area and beyond, we are looking for exceptional talent to join us immediately in a variety of key roles.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Front-End Developer will work with internal and external teams to evaluate software technologies, determine the deployment strategies for websites and integration for mobile devices, develop all necessary code to support website and mobile launches, and develop highly interactive applications on various multi-touch and gesture-based devices using a variety of creative development frameworks. The Front-End Developer will be working with a local and remote team of artistic and technology practitioners in a creatively charged, fast-paced environment.
· Work with Creative, Engineering, and Project Management leads to plan and architect website and mobile development solutions
· Develop interactive applications using creative development frameworks such as openFrameworks, Cinder, and Processing - interfacing with TUIO, Kinect, and other input devices
· Develop mobile applications for iOS and Android devices using native tools and HTML5 in addition to other cross-platform frameworks
· Learn and embrace new web technologies including latest HTML5/CSS3 specifications, techniques, and tools for websites, mobile devices, and other devices such as tablets and large multi-touch screens
· Work closely with Engineering leads in designing and implementing appropriate software frameworks and platforms
· Work closely with the Creative team to design and implement all project assets, animations and interactions, ensuring proper operation and display across multiple browsers and devices
· Manage core aspects of software development for internal and client projects from concept to completion – from scoping, planning, and development, all the way through to testing and launch
· Work with Back-End Developers and Software Architects to design and implement all appropriate web service calls required for the front-end, including data updates and CMS content access
· Perform research with new technologies and tools as required, including implementing prototypes and providing comparative analysis
· 3+ years of web development experience including front- and back-end web and mobile platforms
· Proven proficiency in using openFrameworks to deliver highly interactive large-screen applications
· Proficiency using another creative coding framework such as Cinder or Processing is desirable
· Expert knowledge and experience with iOS SDK, Cocoa, and Objective C with production applications launched for iPhone and iPad, Apple Developer Center, and the Apple App Store
· Working experience with native Android SDK development
· Other mobile application development experience (Windows Mobile, Blackberry, etc.) including Phonegap, Sencha, and Appcelerator is a plus
· Proficiency with Flash and ActionScript 3 is a must
· Experience programming gesture-based interfaces such as Microsoft Kinect and OpenCV is highly desirable
· Strong Objective-C, C++, and Java skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft programming environments using .NET, C#, and WPF is desirable
· Proven delivery of responsive web design and semantic HTML is a must
· Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other relevant design and production tools is a must
· Professional experience in back-end technologies such as PHP, Ruby on Rails, PERL, or Java is highly desirable
· Strong background with MVC object-oriented programming
· Experience working with relationship databases like MySQL, Postgres, or Oracle is a plus
· Experience developing against various CMS systems such as WordPress, Drupal, PyroCMS, Joomla, or similar is highly desirable
· Strong verbal and presentation skills, and the ability to work effectively in a service oriented function supporting a wide spectrum of clients
· Strong organizational and planning skills; Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Only candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or those candidates eligible for a TN visa will be considered. JUXT Interactive is an equal opportunity employer. Position is located in San Francisco, California.
Send resumes in PDF format to email@example.com
OF TECH TALENT