Modea is looking for a Front End Developer for its development team. This position requires a mastery of presentation-layer code and the ability to create a final product that replicates the visual designs given to you by the creative department. You must be able to work as a part of a larger team that will include non-programmers and people who think in a totally different way than you do. We are always looking to continually develop our employees, so you will also serve as a mentor to other developers as they hone their front end skills. Think you have what it takes? Keep reading.
Modea won Best Culture in Ad Age because we hire exceptional people who are passionate about what they do and are driven to succeed. Modeans are smart, engaged, and motivated to create the best work for our clients. Building digital brand experiences is our core, our clients are our partners, and the outcome is a harmony of technological brilliance and creative inventiveness. Being a young agency keeps us fresh and innovative and we are looking to add to our team. That is where you come in.
We need you to have the following:
- At least 3-5 years professional work experience as a front end developer.
- Strong proficiency with jQuery.
- Ability to translate complicated visual design into pixel-perfect presentation-layer (front-end) HTML/CSS.
- Firm understanding of getting around in Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks to create images optimized for the web.
- Knowledge of a wide array of APIs and frameworks. Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and constraints.
- Understanding of legacy browser development back to IE7 (yuck).
- Expert knowledge of creating CSS-driven layouts and mastery of working with the DOM.
- Familiarity with developing templates for CMS applications such as Drupal and Wordpress.
- Strong awareness of web standards, accessibility, and SEO considerations with an ability to optimize code utilizing SEO best practices.
- Ability to follow functional and technical specifications.
- Ability to work efficiently amongst a team while utilizing Git for source control.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States full-time at our offices in Blacksburg, VA.
This stuff would be a bonus:
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with dynamic style sheets (LESS/LESS PHP).
- Understanding of mobile and responsive web development.
- Familiarity with server-side languages such as Ruby, PHP and .NET.
- Familiarity with web application frameworks such as Rails. Familiarity with MVC design patterns.
OF TECH TALENT