(no short term internships, sorry!)
Our lead engineers are from Stanford CS!
isocket makes advertising suck less.
isocket builds web apps and the underlying pipes & platforms to make online ad sales easier. 70% of the money in online advertising is still bought and sold by hand, over cocktails, and through email and fax machines. Almost all of the technology and ad companies you've heard of deal with remnant "Class 2" ads - the equivalent of teeth whitening ads you see on the last page of a magazine.
Our underlying platform was the world's first to power the programmatic buying and selling of "Class 1" ad inventory by connecting APIs from advertisers software (DSPs, etc) through to publishers software (ad servers like DFP, etc.) isocket also powers self-serve advertising for some of the web's best sites in our open marketplace, www.buyads.com.
You're an entry-level engineer who wants to learn and contribute.
Our team is hiring an entry-level engineer to work on a wide range of our stack, with the majority of the work focusing on our web apps used by advertisers and publishers alike (isocket.com, buyads.com, and buyadspro.com) This is an opportunity to become much more than you are today. You'll be surrounded by a top notch team while building a fast-growing, meaningful startup. This position doesn't have a fixed role -- you'll touch almost all aspects of our product, and over time, can hone in on what parts you excel at. Startups are unpredictable, but we can promise you one thing: you'll learn a ton, very quickly.
- Animalistic and relentlessly resourceful. Nothing comes between you and the finish line.
- Solid computer science foundation, including data structures, algorithms and OOP design.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- You aren't afraid to ask questions and learn, but you can also handle yourself on your own.
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Have developed using an application framework (e.g. Rails, Symfony, Django, Spring)
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion or Git.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, like the difference between waterfall and agile.
Include links to your personal work or open-source projects to which you've contributed.
What we offer you
Working at a growing technology startup is a unique choice, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. It can be very challenging, but comes with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn it. What we bring to the table is just as important as what you bring:
- We know everyone says it, but at isocket you will absolutely make a difference. Our company is a handful of people, and we’ll remain a small but powerful team.
- You'll learn the ins and outs of online advertising - like it or not, it powers the internet!
- Your code will handle millions of dollars and billions of ad impressions on major websites.
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed.
- The chance to work on truly game-changing products.
- You’re getting in on the ground floor of an already growing project.
- Be a part of the team many consider to already be the best early stage team in the industry.
- You will learn something and grow every day - from deep experience in a growing, VC-backed startup to friends and connections that will last. Learn from some of the best people in the business.
- Competitive or better stock options and benefits, including full health coverage, dental and vision.
- Visa and relocation assistence is available.
This role is full time and in-person at our Burlingame, CA Headquarters, where all product development lies. Located just 30 yards from the Burlingame Caltrain station and downtown Burlingame, it's a perfect location for anyone in the bay area. Free parking on our roof. 30 foot ceilings, great windows and light, etc make for a cool place to work.
New York City is our east coast HQ and primarily focused on sales, marketing, and account management.
isocket is one of the hottest and best funded early stage startups in online ad tech. We're backed by Foundry Group, the firm behind Admeld (programmatic buying for Class 2) sold to Google in 2011, Triggit, Medialets, etc. Other investors include SoftTech, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Quest VP, David Cohen of TechStars, Blumberg Capital, and more!
Our small team of 15 is made up of industry veterans and VIPs from groups like Admeld, Rubicon Project, Google, Yahoo, and more.
OF TECH TALENT