Enterprise Data Modeler Job
Date: Nov 5, 2012
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD, US
The Intelligence Systems Business Unit of SAIC has a career opportunity for an Enterprise Data Modeler, with a current TS/SCI and Polygraph security clearance in Laurel, Maryland.
The Enterprise Data Modeler will contribute expertise and knowledge to a team of both contractors and government stakeholders in the practical use of data modeling techniques using Resource Description Framework (RDF) Schema (RDFS) and OWL based technologies.
- Perform primary research using available resources and subject matter experts to identify how data sources would map into existing enterprise elements and identify new elements needed to fill any gaps.
- Perform semantic data modeling for domain logical data modes / data sources. Skills needed include Semantics, Ontology, Epistemology, Resource Description Framework (RDF) Schema (RDFS), OWL based technologies, Hadoop, SPRQL, XML, XSD, and Data Warehouse, and Oracle, SQL, and relational theory.
- Develop and maintain domain logical data model artifacts: Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), Physical Data Models (PDM), Interface Control Documents (ICD), data format specifications, model release documentation, user guides, data harmonization and mappings.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Authorities and Stakeholder communities to discuss and perform requirements and impact analysis to understand the data elements in their domains, relationships among those elements and interdependencies between models.
- Define and analyze data requirements, map legacy data stores and formats to logical and physical data models, propose standard ways for this information to be communicated between systems and stored within corporate databases, and perform architectural alignment of the ELDM and domain PDMs.
- Provide expertise in data harmonization and data modeling activities to support requirements and provide data modeling consulting to help Data Domain stakeholders develop new high quality data models and formats for exchange and storage in an agile fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant discipline with 8+ years of related professional experience. 4 years of equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement.
- 3+ years specific experience as a Data Modeler to include systems architecture, requirements analysis, process development and evaluation, and standards support.
- Extensive working knowledge and practical use of data modeling techniques using Resource Description Framework (RDF) Schema (RDFS) and OWL based technologies. In addition, working experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and XML technologies (XSDs and schemas, and XML generation), ontologies semantics, scripting languages, data migration.
- Currently possess a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Superior interpersonal/communications skills as well as the ability to work with a wide variety of customers is greatly desired.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2012, 11:03:01 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Database, Engineer, Security Clearance, Developer, Warehouse, Technology, Engineering, Government, Manufacturing
OF TECH TALENT