This position requires an engineer with extensive expertise in advanced defense related software systems, to include the development of software ontologies, semantic WEB based approaches, requirements developments for Network Centric services and systems. The candidate must have extensive in experience in the development of complex software systems, to include the mathematical foundations of critical control algorithms, software requirements and code development, software systems integration, test, verification and validation. Additional skills in web based applications development, and understanding of the conversion of legacy software languages, and architectures, is a plus.
As a senior software systems technical director this person will be responsible for the development of approaches, architectures and solutions to support multiple product developments within the Network Centric Systems business of Raytheon. Assignments can include software architecture reviews, key contributor on IR&D programs and Enterprise Campaign efforts to develop new software based systems and capabilities, Software approach roadmap development, and helping to expand our software core engineering skill sets. Also, development of complex modeling and simulation approaches to help NCS demonstrate differentiated solutions to our customer is envisioned as part of the assignment. In addition, this position will be expected to interface with key customers of advanced software related systems to determine their product requirements, and then help transition solutions from advanced technology development to solve our customer’s critical systems challenges and bring new products to market.
Required: Minimum of 12 years of software development experience:
• UML (Unified Modeling Language) and SysML (System Modeling Language) • C / C++ (Visual C++, gcc, Borland C++)
• XML, HTML, XML Schema, RDF, XPath, OWL (web ontology language)
• Perl and Bourne / bash shell scripting languages
• Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• Prolog (logic programming language)
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), OpenOffice.org
• Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, mySQL, JDBC, DB2, DBI, MS Access
• Middleware / Application Server Technologies: Tomcat, Jakarta DBTags Tag Library, ATG Dynamo, BEA Weblogic, JOnAS (Java Open Application Server), Netscape Application Server, IBM Websphere, Sun NetDynamics, BEA Systems Tuxedo, MS Active Server Pages / Transaction Server, IBM Net.Commerce, Java Server Pages (JSP), Java Servlets
• Component Technologies: Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), CORBA
• Analyst Tools: Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow
Required Education: Masters Degree in Math, Science or Technology
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Network Centric Systems (NCS), headquartered in McKinney, Texas, develops and produces mission solutions for networking, command and control, battlespace awareness, and air traffic management. Programs include civilian applications, command and control systems, integrated communications systems, and netted sensor systems. NCS serves all branches of the United States military, the National Guard, the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Aviation Administration, and other U.S. national security agencies, as well as international customers. NCS is driving transformation in the Information Age by leading Raytheon's Net Centric Operations Enterprise Priority. This effort unites the core strengths of the company to provide networked systems, net-enabled systems, and net-centric integration to customers worldwide for emerging requirements. NCS continues to remain focused on the needs of today's warfighters by providing mission systems integration for the Homeland Security and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance missions. We further provide systems and components to support the Missile Defense and Precision Engagement missions. In each of these vital efforts, NCS serves to provide our customers with unprecedented accuracy, speed, and Common Decision Engagement Capability.