Working under the direction of the Vice President of Acquisition Marketing, the Director of Search Marketing is responsible for leading search marketing (SEO & PPC) efforts. Your team of three search marketing managers will lead the charge for new customer acquisition through web, social and mobile search. Responsibilities will include managing the internal team and outside vendors, overseeing a significant media budget across multiple accounts and campaigns supporting lead generation and online business. The ideal candidate for this position will be data-driven, well-versed in search engine marketing, and have proven success managing others and meeting customer acquisition goals in a B2B environment. He/she will have a proven track record for driving down cost per acquisition and driving up ROI with a strong analytics background. He/she will be responsible for driving strategy to grow and improve lead generation from these channels.
- Drive positive results through meeting aggressive registration and lead generation goals at or below specific cost-per-registration targets
- Responsible for end-to-end activities, from budget stewardship, campaign strategy, creation and organization, through landing page experience and post-registration results for US and international campaigns
- Oversee team’s automated and manual optimization of pay per click campaigns
- Direct the use and optimization of a bid management platform tool to achieve superior results each quarter and determine key metrics for measurement and optimization
- Provide recommendations on new tools and industry best practices to ensure that the company remains competitive in their search marketing strategies
- Work with marketing operations team to standardize daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on paid and organic search results
- Provide recommendations to increase campaign effectiveness and efficiency by leveraging analytical insights
- Create and test landing pages (HTML knowledge is required).
- Develop, implement and report on results for tests in campaigns, keywords, copy, offers and landing pages.
- BA/BS or equivalent; MBA a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Data-driven with strong analytical skills
- Excel, Access and/or SQL or other relational database experience highly desired
- A thorough knowledge of paid search and display advertising techniques
- Functionally literate in HTML
- Detail oriented, however having a strong strategic vision for growing campaigns and accounts
- AdWords Certified Professional preferred, or 4-6 years professional experience running AdWords campaigns with budgets of at least $5MM annually.
Experience / Background:
- 5+ years’ experience managing large-scale direct response/lead generation campaigns, preferably for B2B clients
- Experience with third party bid management platforms, particularly Marin Software, highly desirable
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Website Optimizer or other third party analytics and optimization tools.
- Expert with ad copy and A/B landing page testing design, implementation and analysis (multivariate testing is a plus)
- Enthusiastic and passionate about paid search and content advertising
- Proven success with Mobile search required
- Proven ability to deliver valuable business insights based on multiple data sources available in the organization and search traffic tools
- Ability to evaluate and change priorities daily and to perform efficiently within a fast paced team environment
- Ability to hire, develop and lead and team members
OF TECH TALENT