Artists.MTV is a platform that helps artists connect with an audience and make money. Using the power of the MTV Music Group’s 600 million television households and 60 million online visitors, artists of all sizes, shapes and sounds are invited to claim or create pages, promote what they want, submit songs for use in TV shows, submit videos for use on-air, and connect with a passionate audience of engaged music fans worldwide. You can read more about us here and here.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, and driven Director, Product Development to help build and enhance our music discovery / emerging artist platforms.
You will be deeply involved in every stage of the product life cycle – from whiteboard to functional specs to wires and mockups, to customer development and focus groups, to ship! Then we listen, learn, and optimize. This involves working closely and collaboratively with the core product team (design, engineering, project management), as well as external stakeholders and departments.
Our team works with a “mobile first” mind-set. We’re looking for product managers who are passionate about responsive design and making products that delight users across mobile, tablets, connected TVs, and even game consoles.
- Translate concepts and requirements for pages, applications, and features into detailed wireframes
- Translate final designs or initial wireframes into functional specifications
- Work directly with the project manager and a team of engineers to prioritize and define development cycles
- Work with designers to create detailed and breathtaking designs and mock-ups
- Work closely with product team to prototype and test hypotheses – find out what kills, and what we need to kill
- Help the larger music strategy team brainstorm compelling new digital music products or features
- Passionate about digital products, music, and design
- Minimum 7 years product management experience, with a proven track record of shipping great consumer products
- Experties with wireframing tools of your choice
- Great written and verbal communication skills, proactive problem solver
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to join an awesome team and a great company, please apply.
OF TECH TALENT