Imagine a community of students taking action toward their dreams and living happier lives. In this world, people are so fulfilled they reach out and positively contribute to the lives of others. That’s who we impact, and that’s what we are building . . . Want to be a part of it?
To determine whether you'd be a good fit, ask yourself: …
● Would you like to go to work each day knowing that you are using your talent to help others and better the world?
● Are you inspired by the thought of positively impacting tens of thousands of students?
● Are you ready to work in an organization that is rapidly growing and embraces change?
● Would you like to work with people that you respect and can learn from every day?
● Do you desire to work for an organization that cares about your growth, where your own drive and interests help you create your own future?
● Do you live within commuting distance of Hoboken, NJ?
Our guiding question is: “Are we helping the greatest number of people in the greatest possible way?" Are you inspired? Let’s change the world together…
The Director of Technology will join a team of 20 purpose driven staff members in a friendly, focused, fast-paced office environment where we are currently serving 300 College Chapters and over 200,000 student members. We are currently in the expansion phase in the middle of rapid growth. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our technology department and strategies for the future development of the department.
This role forms part of the Executive Management Team along with four other Directors, the President, and two senior consultants. The Executive Management Team leads the growth of the organization, developing the Society into new markets, and managing staff members in accomplishing goals. We are looking for someone who knows not only effective delegation, but who enjoys and has experience implementing and executing projects themselves.
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Salary: Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package with 401(k)
Benefits You Get While Working at the Society Include:
● Healthcare Benefits
● 401K with 3% employer contribution
● Working daily with a team of positive people
● Snack area and refrigerator stocked with healthy food
● Opportunities for advancement as we expand into new markets
● Flexibility to work 1 day/week from home if you’re reaching goals
● Feeling good knowing you are using your talents to better the world
● 1.5hr lunch to work out at a five star gym (with most of the cost covered)
● Bonuses up to 13% of salary based on achievement of company-wide metrics
● A company that believes and invests in your personal and professional growth
● Paid vacation days, holidays, PLUS the week between Christmas and New Years
● Manage and coach staff of four technology personnel
● Co-lead transition of our CRM (Customer Relationship Management software) from ACT to Salesforce and lead ongoing changes with Salesforce consultant to create relevant dashboards and communication between our home grown database and Salesforce
● Manage technology projects execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope
● Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing
● Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables
● Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems
● Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects
● Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
● Establish new systems, processes, and procedures as we grow into new markets (International colleges, high schools, and other) as it pertains to technology
● Develop and forecast future projects to decrease inefficiencies and avoid technical issues and breakdowns
● Minimum of 5 years of IT team management
● A Bachelor's degree is required
● Excellent change management, project management, and time-management skills are imperative
● Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or related field preferred)
● Demonstrated expertise in the management and operation of technology environments
● Skilled in communications, human relations, team building, ability to manage using a shared decision making approach, and collaboration
● Disciplined completer of projects and task on schedule
● Strong analytical skills and previous experience with analytics and forecasting
● An entrepreneurial spirit, the desire to work in a changing environment and have strong leadership, management, organizational, and communications skills
Visit www.SocietyLeadership.org to learn more about our organization.
OF TECH TALENT
OF TECH TALENT
Create a page showing your professional skills and get recognized!