PhotoShelter, the worldwide leader in photography portfolio websites and business tools, seeks an experienced director of product management to join our team. Your work will be focused on driving the evolution of our platform as we introduce powerful new features that change the way photography is displayed, managed, marketed, sold, and delivered online. You will work closely with our world-class, in-house team of developers, marketers, and designers to take our service to new levels.
PhotoShelter has a strong reputation as a technology leader in the photo industry. We pioneered cloud-based image archiving 7 years ago, and upon that foundation we’ve built a powerful and complete solution that helps thousands of pro photographers attract business, do business, and keep business. 2013 will see the launch of the next generation of our portfolio websites, the public release of our new API, an emphasis on rolling UX optimization, and value-added third-party integrations. You will guide these efforts and drive the strategic planning and execution process behind new features, product extensions, and new products thereafter.
If you have a love for innovation and photography, and you’re savvy about product strategy, user experience, and the product development process, send us your resume today. If you’re eager to work in a really fast-paced, demanding atmosphere with a group of passionate and smart people who are also dedicated to growing the company to reach new milestones, we want to hear from you. If you like poring over customer and industry data to uncover new opportunities, you have strong convictions, and you think “big picture,” chances are you’re a good fit for our culture. Serious bonus points if you’ve got a photography and technology background.
- Work with the executive team to evolve the vision for PhotoShelter’s service
- Shape product strategy and set feature development priorities
- Work closely with engineering to manage new product development efforts across teams; ensure all deadlines and key project milestones are met
- Prioritize and drive ongoing product improvement and testing
- Supervise two product managers and a lead product designer
- Evolve the product development process at PhotoShelter
- Be a champion for incredible UX
- Report directly to the CEO
- 8+ years of product management (or related) experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful product releases
- Prior web experience is a must; mobile experience is a plus
- Highly analytical and strategic
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX best practices
- Prior experience in engineering (or managing engineers) is a plus, MBA is a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Must be willing to work in our downtown New York City office.
OF TECH TALENT