The NFL Mobile Group is seeking a dynamic Director of Mobile Engineering who will oversee development and integration of NFL.com systems with third party and internal systems for use on mobile devices. This individual will also oversee client development for Android, iOS and other mobile platforms. Familiarity with mobile location APIs, convergence technologies such as ACR, EBIF, front-end technologies like responsive design, HTML5, and big data technologies like Hadoop, MongoDB, Lucene a plus. You are an exceptional individual who develops a compelling vision and a set of strategies to execute against this vision while rolling up your sleeves to manage the day-to-day operations of a highly trafficked mobile property. Join us and create an insanely awesome digital experience to fans worldwide.
● Strong background in the building and operating of digital media products in general, mobile/tablet in particular.
● 5+ years of software engineering experience in the digital media field, including mobile apps.
● Understanding of mobile product monetization.
● Understanding of range of mobile/tablet devices and operating systems.
● Strong background in web-based technologies.
● Experience leveraging and interacting with social media platforms.
● Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
● Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
● Solid organization and communication skills.
● Ability to manage multiple projects within a short development cycle with moderate supervision
● A strategic thinker who can effectively make the case for taking calculated risks.
● A sports fan in general, and more specifically an NFL fan
● Data-driven individual who makes decisions based on empirical evidence and can persuade others to do the same.
OF TECH TALENT