At Moontoast, we deliver premium rich media experiences and social advertising ROI.
Moontoast has been named both an eCommerce and Music industry Cool Vendor by Gartner Research. Our passionate, rapidly growing product development team is seeking a talented Director of Engineering in Boston for expanding our Social rich media capabilities. Be a part of a team of energetic, free-thinkers that move fast and take risks at the forefront of the social revolution.
Moontoast's innovative DITE methodology (Discovery, Interaction, Transaction, Endorsement) inspires our technology; which enables brands to execute social campaigns, with rich media experiences, that drive consumers along the purchase journey and reach them through intelligent targeting on social and mobile.
As a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer, our social apps are recognized as highly innovative and Moontoast believes in being the innovative leader in building and distributing interactive rich media app experiences in all leading social platforms (e.g. Twitter, Tumblr, Google+). We need people who can work with new ideas and concepts effectively and execute on delivering superior products.
The Director of Engineering, Tech/Dev Ops will report directly to the CTO and will work closely with engineering, operations and the management team to provide line support for product strategy, on-going sales support and operational readiness. Responsibilities would be focused on improving existing B2B administration user experiences, usability and features, while leading the bringing to life our next generation activation hub manager. As a rapidly growing company, we need someone who can keep up with our fast pace and help create innovative solutions to keep our brand as the recognized leader in the social platform marketspace.
- to own the engineering roadmap for our development and production infrastructure
- to provide leadership and continuous improvement to the software development lifecycle
- to build and lead a team of systems and database engineers
- to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of our infrastructure
- to direct administration of PCI Level 1 compliant e-commerce online applications
- to direct administration web applications under heavy load
- to direct maintenance and establishment of systems, operations and processes
- for installation and maintenance of Nagios, Snort and other key Open Source systems management tools.
- to direct administration of Amazon Web Services based infrastructure
- to direct administration of tools like Puppet and Chef for server configuration and provisioning
- to work closely with engineers to create scalable, secure solutions tailored to server environments
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of systems administration with strong exposure to a full software development life cycle (e.g. Agile)
- High profile, production-level experience administering Amazon Web Services, Linux and MySQL
- Engineering management experience in start-up environment
- Strong working knowledge of web architectures, web services and cloud technologies
- Demonstrated results-oriented achievement as a creative thinker
- Demonstrated passion for collaboration
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to produce assets & documents needed to communicate engineering requirements
Nice-to-Haves and Pluses:
- Experience managing PCI Level 1 compliance
- Experience administering MongoDB, Redis, Gearman and Vertica
- Experience with ad tech
Moontoast's Social Activation Platform empowers Brands & Agencies to maximize their Social Advertising ROI by distributing interactive and transactional Rich Media ads that provide premium social experiences, delivers measurable business results, and creates actionable consumer insights.
Brands like Nike, Lexus and P&G use Moontoast to drive social engagement and growth, lead generation, and product sales. With Moontoast, brands activate their fans to interact in social networks like Facebook and Twitter and content networks within branded rich media user experiences.
OF TECH TALENT