Spil Games’ Global Business Development team discovers and facilitates partnerships for game content, advertising, e-commerce, and global online distribution of casual and social games. The Director of Business Development – United States will have a pivotal role in maximizing on the considerable opportunity the US market presents and will work in close cooperation with the Spil Games executive team based in Europe.
This is a strategic role, and you will be our first “feet on the ground” in the United States. We are looking for a game-changing Director of Business Development who is persistent and shows entrepreneurial leadership. This person will open, develop, and maintain a large base of alliances and deep partnerships with AAA game studios, distribution platforms (app stores), and advertising and e-commerce partners.
The ideal candidate will thrive in our fast-paced, results-oriented company culture and be able to work collaboratively and iteratively with our teams, including Global Business Development, Advertising, the Game Studio, and the Executive Leadership Team. The Director of Business Development – United States will report directly to the Vice President of Corporate and Business Development (member of the Management Team).
He or she should proactively initiate and support growth initiatives through partnerships by leveraging networking skills, deal-making capabilities, and thought leadership. Being our “man on the ground” in the United States, you will be our face there, maintaining frequent interaction with partners, allowing Spil to deliver higher service levels and enhanced deal-making velocity.
The qualified candidate will be a highly ambitious and self-starting executive who has deep knowledge of the online gaming industry, preferably combined with hands-on experience in fast-growing online businesses.
- Deal-closing, partnership and business development with AAA social game publishers and developers;
- Relationship-development and deal-closing with advertising partners, e.g., demand partners and ad technology and data providers;
- Identifying and sourcing independent game studios for the production of Spil Games IP (web and mobile games), in cooperation with the Game Studio;
- Strategic partnership development with distribution platforms like Amazon, Google, and Apple;
- Working with all relevant departments within Spil Games (including Finance, the Game Studio, Marketing, Ad Sales, Technology & Operations) to generate consensus and execute key initiatives;
- Extending and maintaining industry relationships and optimizing existing partnerships; and
- Developing intelligence on the social-gaming industry by playing current games, gathering and analyzing relevant industry news and reports, and building and maintaining a network of industry insiders.
- Academic degree, with an MBA or equivalent
- 8–10 years of business development experience, with a proven track record of executing strategic partnerships and deal-making within online entertainment/e-commerce
- Demonstrable network and experience in Silicon Valley is a must
- Proven track record of sourcing, structuring, negotiating, and closing complex deals and partnerships at senior level
- Strong understanding of online distribution platforms and entertainment content
- Experience working in international companies/environments (e.g., in Europe or Latin America)
- Must be autonomous, self-sufficient, and proactive
- A hands-on mentality and results-driven attitude; must be organized, detail-oriented, and scrappy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; exceptional team player
- Profound knowledge of gaming, desktop, and touch device eco-systems and key players is a big plus
- Comfortable working remotely and across multiple divisions within a company
- Willingness to travel (approx. 4-6 times per year to Europe)
- Location: West Coast (SF/LA/Seattle) or East Coast (NY)
Why join Spil Games?
The opportunity to play an important and strategic role in the expansion of Spil Games' US footprint. This is an ideal opportunity to join the company responsible for the nr. 1 online casual gaming destination worldwide (comScore 2012).
Spil Games will be onsite in San Francisco on February 12 – 13, 2013 to conduct face-to-face interviews.
For more information:
Enrico Heidelberg, Head of Recruitment
To all recruitment agencies: Spil Games does not accept any agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Spil Games will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
OF TECH TALENT