Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in 210 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 130-plus worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as US joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including HowStuffWorks.com.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Director - Digital Distribution in San Francisco, CA.
Identify, cultivate and manage relationships with digital distributors including online and other alternative platforms. Foster and cultivate strong partnerships that maximize the value of DCI / Revision3 product and services. Negotiate distribution deals and assist in developing strategy. Support partner management activities by collaborating with internal and external contributors. Reports to the Vice President of Digital Distribution and Partnerships.
1. Negotiate new video distribution deals for Discovery (DCI) and Revision3 content across varied business models (ad-supported, SVOD, EST etc).
2. Renew agreements with existing partners with objective to grow revenue year over year.
3. Assist in supporting Affiliate Sales on MVPD strategies for digital products and services (e.g. VOD, TV Everywhere and online video).
4. Collaborate with internal groups in developing digital strategy and supporting revenue goals.
5. Establish and develop relationships with potential distribution partners in order to identify additional revenue sources for DCI / Revision3.
6. Serve as main business contact for select clients in order to maintain a productive partnership, troubleshoot problems and maximize revenue opportunities.
7. Creating and maintain term sheets, sales documents and other strategic planning documents.
8. Maintain understanding of competitive marketplace including positioning of other programmers, business models, offerings and new initiatives.
* This person must have an excellent understanding of traditional and digital TV platforms.
* This person must have the ability to understand and execute the process required to close deals.
* Candidate should have current relationships with key clients in digital distribution space.
* This person will have experience in video distribution or acquisition businesses.
* This executive must be a strategic thinker and an excellent negotiator with a proven track record.
* Must have impeccable communication skills and be a team player.
* This person must have the savvy, drive, energy and commitment to think creatively in order to drive new revenue for DCI and Revision3.
* Willing to travel for business purposes.
* Undergraduate degree required; MA/MBA preferred but not required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please visit: http://careers.discovery.com/and where indicated, input requisition number: 6751
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL CALL FAX OR MAIL IN RESUME
**Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice. Not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. Discovery values the unique point of view each employee brings to the workplace. We strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich audiences we wish to attract and serve.**
Discovery Communications and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers
OF TECH TALENT