Founded in 1998, Legacy.comis an innovative online media company that collaborates with more than 850 newspapers in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand to provide ways for readers to express condolences and share remembrances of loved ones.
As the leader in the online memorial and obituary market, Legacy.com is visited by more than 18 million unique visitors each month and is a top 50 website as measured by Quantcast. When it comes to online traffic, we keep good company, with more monthly visitors currently than the Apple, WebMD, MLB and Target domains. Legacy.com partners with 85 of the 100 largest newspapers in the U.S. and features obituaries and Guest Books for approximately 75 percent of people who die in the United States.
In addition, the company provides individuals and newspaper affiliates with new and powerful ways to connect during shared times of loss, such as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and in the aftermath of national tragedies such as 9/11.
We have a diverse and talented team of employees who come to us from many kinds of backgrounds. We have an immediate need for an experienced Digital Sales Planner to join our teamin our Evanston, IL offices.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with strong attention to detail who will contribute to growing Legacy.com’s online advertising business by providing exceptional support to our sales representatives and operations team. The candidate must demonstrate initiative and a strong work ethic, and have the ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
The candidate will have a strong background in online media, specifically the display advertising sales and delivery life cycle. Candidates must demonstrate direct experience responding to RFPs and creating marketing collateral. They will also be highly proficient with key tools such as Excel, PowerPoint and a variety of web-based ad serving and research platforms.
· Provides all pre-sales support, interfacing daily with individual members of the Sales team.
· Creates sales presentations, proposals and supporting sales and marketing materials, utilizing media research tools such as comScore.
· Assists with the execution, completion and fulfillment of requests for proposal (RFPs) .
· Helps build comprehensive media plans, working closely with the sales reps to brainstorm creative ideas and campaign strategies that achieve client objectives.
· Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of Legacy.com’s audience, advertising products, inventory, pricing and packaging guidelines.
· Pulls accurate inventory forecasts and prepares screenshots of recommended placements.
· Provides ongoing campaign support to ensure revenue is maximized, working with Ad Operations to monitor delivery, pacing, creative performance and ad quality, to recommend optimizations and to provide reporting/analysis.
· Completes additional projects as directed.
- Minimum 2-3 years ofexperience working in online media in a sales-related or ad operations capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communication or related field.
- Working knowledge and understanding of how publishers and agencies conduct business within the digitaladvertising ecosystem.
· Understanding of publisher ad serving systems, third-party advertising tags and related technologies, concepts and tactics.
· Solid analytical skills and comfortable working with large sets of data.
- Familiarity with online media research and planning tools.
· Proven team player with ability to work independently, and manage and prioritize multiple projects, clients, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, results-oriented with strong customer service orientation and excellent attention to detail.
- Professional verbal/written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Salesforce, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign skills a plus
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Life & Accident Insurance
· Short and Long Term Disability
· Paid Time Off
· 401k plan
· Medical, Dependent Care, and Transit Flex Spending Plans
· RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
· Employee Assistance Program
· Casual dress every day
· Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
· Friendly, team-oriented, open environment
OF TECH TALENT