There's a world-class tech contender here in Columbus, Ohio. With the right chops, you can join the team at Manta and spend your days re-crafting how small businesses do business on the web. Manta's 30 million monthly visitors and 2-a-day releases will keep you on your toes and making a difference. So bring your big brain (both halves) to Manta and help us evolve the world's largest small business networking platform. Fast, lean, complex, collaborative, meaningful, measurable, and tangible-this is what innovation feels like.
Who is Manta:
- Manta is the largest social media website dedicated entirely to small businesses.
- Our website allows small businesses to 1) improve their online presence, 2) gain visibility with customers & prospects and 3) increase sales!
The Ideal Person:
- Passionate about the web, dreams about algorithm updates, and knows with the right metrics Manta will soar from a top 50 most visited site towards to a top 25.
- Define and grow visits to Manta across all channels (direct, organic search, social, partners, API), platforms (web, mobile, app) and visitor types (anonymous, member, business owner).
- First-hand experience playing a key role in building a large, online traffic base from diverse sources.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify & prioritize traffic building opportunities across multiple channels and platforms with a focus on organic search engine traffic
- Gather & write business requirements & product specifications
- Work closely with product managers to identify & integrate traffic-building attributes into product features
- Measure, analyze & report on adoption & usage of products & features
- Research & evaluate emerging, innovative traffic-building opportunities, prioritize for testing and execute to increase site traffic
- Perform sophisticated quantitative analysis, eager to look under the hood and identify problems and opportunities
- Monitoring and reporting of rankings, tools, trends, and development progress
What you need know:
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree in business, marketing, computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience using search (SEO, paid search), social media and other channels to sustainably generate traffic at scale on a large website
- Proficiency using Tier 1 web analytical software packages like Omniture or Google Analytics to analyze and monitor traffic programs
- Strong quantitative skills, with a specific experience in forecasting & measuring business impact and online user behavior
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, ability to manage and drive scalable and repeatable traffic driving initiatives
Those who succeed at Manta:
- Are results driven, focused on the tactics that will move the needle
- Work well collaboratively and be open to feedback
- Aspire to lead or develop others
- Understand how to "scale up"
- Come to play every day
What's in it for you:
- Your work matters here! We're not making more money for an insurance company or a bank, but regular people making business decisions at their kitchen table... the work you do affects the small business owners and their families.
- A career at one of THE most trafficked sites on the web today - Manta gets more traffic than Apple, CNN and the New York Times! Each month 30 million+ unique visitors come to the Manta site.
What's it like to work at Manta:
- Up-beat, entrepreneurial environment where the norm is wearing jeans, t-shirts, and flip-flops every single day!
- FREE Snacks! Healthy Hummus and carrot sticks - Red Licorice - Candy bars - AND bags of chips!
Ready to apply?
Email your resume to email@example.com and mark the subject line as SEO.Engine
OF TECH TALENT