isocket builds web apps and the underlying pipes & platforms to make online ad sales easier. 70% of the money in online advertising is still bought and sold by hand, over cocktails, and through email and fax machines. Almost all of the technology and ad companies you've heard of deal with remnant "Class 2" ads - the equivalent of teeth whitening ads you see on the last page of a magazine.
Our underlying platform was the world's first to power the programmatic buying and selling of "Class 1" ad inventory by connecting APIs from advertisers software (DSPs, etc) through to publishers software (ad servers like DFP, etc.) isocket also powers self-serve advertising for some of the web's best sites in our open marketplace, www.buyads.com.
The job: Operations Engineer.
You will be the keeper of the the technical foundation on which the entire company relies. Your responsibilities range anywhere from solving VPN issues to refining continuous deployment processes. Deploying and monitoring production systems will fall under your jurisdiction. We scale when you tell us to. You will work closely with engineering developing processes and systems whose purpose is to increase devlopment throughput while maintaining stability.
- Passion for automated infrastructure and infrastructure as code.
- Desire to champion DevOps best practices throughout the company.
- 3+ years of Unix/Linux system administration experience.
- Deep knowledge of some scripting language (Bash, Perl, etc.) and command line utilities.
- Experience deploying, monitoring, tuning and maintaining large software deployments.
- Familiarity with deploying web applications (e.g. Rails, Symfony) and database systems (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Experience with Puppet/Chef or similar infrastructure automation tools.
- You've created a continuous deployment environment with Jenkins/Hudson.
- Familiarity with workflow integrations to third-party services, like GitHub, Pivotal Tracker or similar.
- Experience with venture-backed startups.
What we offer you
Working at a growing technology startup is a unique choice, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. It can be very challenging, but comes with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn it. What we bring to the table is just as important as what you bring:
- We know everyone says it, but at isocket you will absolutely make a difference. Our company is a handful of people, and we’ll remain a small but powerful team.
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed.
- The chance to work on truly game-changing products.
- You’re getting in on the ground floor of an already growing project.
- Be a part of the team many consider to already be the best early stage team in the industry.
- You will learn something and grow every day - from deep experience in a growing, VC-backed startup to friends and connections that will last. Learn from some of the best people in the business.
- Competitive or better stock options and benefits, including full health coverage, dental and vision.
This role is full time at our Burlingame, CA Headquarters, where all product development lies. Located just 30 yards from the Burlingame Caltrain station and downtown Burlingame, it's a perfect location for anyone in the bay area. Free parking on our roof. 30 foot ceilings, great windows and light, etc make for a cool place to work.
New York City is our east coast HQ and primarily focused on sales, marketing, and account management.
isocket is one of the hottest and best funded early stage startups in online ad tech. We're backed by Foundry Group, the firm behind Admeld (programmatic buying for Class 2) sold to Google in 2011, Triggit, Medialets, etc. Other investors include SoftTech, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Quest VP, David Cohen of TechStars, Blumberg Capital, and more!
Our small team of 15 is made up of industry veterans and VIPs from groups like Admeld, Rubicon Project, Google, Yahoo, and more.
OF TECH TALENT