- Chartboost provides a mobile gaming business engine to leading publishers like Crowdstar, Pocket Gems and TinyCo to help acquire more users and make more revenue per user for their mobile game titles.
- We’ve added 12,000 games to our network and serve over 6 Billion user sessions per month.
- Our founders are mobile gaming pioneers from Tapulous (now Disney Mobile). We have top tier funding and turned cash-flow positive just two days after launching our platform.
- Join us and help democratize distribution by providing the marketing and monetization muscle of a massive network to publishers of all sizes.
About the Job:
- Chartboost runs entirely in the cloud, Amazon hosting for everything.
- We deal with an extraordinary amount of traffic, our platform encompasses everything from API calls to servicing a real-time dashboard to delivering ads to mobile games.
- We are looking for someone to take our mission-critical cloud infrastructure to the next level. This system will be responsible for provisioning, load balancing, service hosting and uptime, monitoring, alerting and everything else we aren’t doing now that you tell us we should be doing.
- You are looking for the opportunity to work in a complex, high traffic system and be given the the freedom to create this system the “right way”. We really want this role to “own” this side of our platform and build and be responsible for making our platform awesome and reliable.
- Take personal responsibility and ownership for the availability and reliability of our service.
- Save the company a lot of money on infrastructure costs, especially as we continue to grow month over month.
- Be able to write simple OO code and author tools that the entire team can understand. We are a tight engineering team that wants to continue working closely together and we want you to be part of this team. No silos.
- Support our current infrastructure and operations, we use Capistrano for deployment, a mix of hosted server monitoring tools (which we do not like), several flavors of load balancers, http servers, PHP, Ruby, some Python, a pinch of Node.js and MongoDB for most of our data store.
- Build out a robust system to auto-scale our platform and work closely with our engineering team to diagnose how to build this, how to manage this and what triggers to measure.
- Own our server image configurations, collaborating with our core engineers to optimize for task performance, reliability, service requirements, failover and scale.
- Build better systems for measuring things. We have a constantly evolving platform and a culture of engineering that is always tweaking and making improvements. We want to have better procedures and systems in place to measure these things.
- You just read the description above and can’t wait to start. You’ve been itching to own the operations side of a company of our scale and this sounds like an awesome opportunity.
- You are proactive about everything. We want people who are smarter than us, building a system that is far better than anything we can do ourselves. You are the kind of person that looks for things to make better and you can work independently.
- You are willing to “carry the pager” but you are also striving to build such a kick-ass system that you never need the pager.
- You’ve worked in system of scale before with lots of servers (50+), lots of moving parts and a complicated infrastructure (meaning different languages, services, protocols, etc).
- You can code.
- You are familiar and have experience working on the AWS platform.
- You’ve worked with MongoDB, especially the scaling side, replica sets, sharding, memory footprint and monitoring.
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because it’s in your nature, not because it’s a job requirement.
- Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters, whatever)
- Awesome new office space that's close to the BART/MUNI and Caltrain stations in the heart of SOMA.
- 20 days of PTO plus your birthday off each year
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes for Caltrain/BART/MUNI.
- Fully paid company-wide getaways and retreats
- Frequent “work out of the office” days
- Stock Options
- Champagne Fridays - we are growing so fast that we have new numbers to celebrate every week!
OF TECH TALENT
OF TECH TALENT
Create a page showing your professional skills and get recognized!