Dell has recently acquired Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
Manage the UX team and UX deliverables encompassing visual design, interaction design, product branding and user experience across multiple projects, platforms and solutions. Lead initiatives to create a more user-centered approach to product development foundationally built on designs that meet our customer’s needs, expectations and aspirations.
· Manage and grow the UX team, building a diverse and effective team.
· Manage the UX deliverables pipeline into the various product teams, insuring timely deliverables that support the development and launch of industry-leading solutions.
· Direct the efforts of the UX team in a holistic way to insure a consistent user experience while continuing to foster innovative thinking and continuing to nurture fresh, game-changing concepts and directions.
· Collaborate effectively with the product team members – leaders, contributors and stakeholders – to form a position of trust and advocacy for user-centered design within the product teams.
· Lead research that brings insight into our customers to the organization and to the product teams in ways that are actionable and have a direct impact into a better product experience.
· Lead strategic initiatives in cloud-based computing, mobile computing, integration of the Wyse brand into the Dell brand, and mid-life UX refreshes for mature product lines.
· Establish standards and guidelines where necessary and develop the potential for scale in production of UX deliverables.
· Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
· Oversees the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
· 10+ years industry experience in UX design for consumer and/or enterprise software.
· 6+ years of management experience and proven ability to lead teams.
· Bachelor or Master Degree in design or research related field.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple critical projects is required.
· Understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies, including Agile software development methodologies.
OF TECH TALENT