The Android team is delivering cutting edge solutions enabling the thin client desktop of the future. This new team draws together expertise and execution across Dell's complete hardware, software, and services portfolio to deliver compelling customer focused solutions.
We are actively searching for talented software engineers to work on a small team in a large well established company. This team is involved in both product development as well as ongoing and continual research. So you should be ready to take on new tasks for future products as well as developing for and enhancing our shipping products.
We have a small team with a startup feel that is part of a larger, well established and successful company. We are profitable, with a history of success, and are poised for greatness.
The candidate should be comfortable working on a small team, in a fast paced environment. If you've developed your own products on the side, and truly have a proven understanding of bringing up Android or Linux on the new H/W, with NDK development experience under Android, that is a definite bonus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a definite must have.
- Strong object-oriented design and implementation skills
- Experience in Web Services, Socket Programming and networking
- Experience in Human-Computer Interaction design
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead development
- Strong communication skills
- Big Plus: Experience with NDK for Android development.
- Previous mobile development experience (iOS, Windows Mobile,etc).
OF TECH TALENT