Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Outside Sales Specialist III to join our team in Illinois.
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
- Sells a limited number of the company’s specialized products and services and is called into accounts to identify and support opportunities.
- Proactively identifies and solves customer business problems by providing subject matter expertise and by using higher complexity product and services lines to create solutions.
- Manages a territory or group of accounts to ensure opportunities are identified and closed.
- Attains volume objectives.
- Refers leads beyond the scope of this job to other sellers within the organization.
- Usually assigned an overlay or shared quota.
- Deployed against qualified opportunities.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at customer/client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Understands and communicates technology roadmaps and vision and associated technical advantages of the proposed solution.
- Recommends product and service configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
- Anticipates how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Dell products and services.
- Long-term vision of business/technology direction for Dell.
- Advises customers/Dell on strategic business and technology plans.
- Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on the industry, the Dell business model and competitors.
- Effectively exercises power and influences key decisions for the benefit of Dell and the customer.
- Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization.
- At this level, supports highly complex opportunities. Works off an overlay quota.
- Gains access and manages relationships with senior level technical personnel and decision makers.
- Demonstrates the value of a product and/or service technology to advance customer’s business objectives.
- Investigates matters of significance discovered by other product specialists to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed to address current and potential problems.
- Provides insight and thought leadership to customers concerning applicability of highly complex products and service technologies.
- Uncovers critical processes and validates operational strengths and challenges within the customer’s environment.
- Analyzes and applies industry, competitor and market knowledge to positive value of Dell solution.
- Leverages third party/channel expertise to position the overall value of the Dell solution.
- Serves as lead to other product specialists or cross functional technical groups.
- Advanced level professional, complete understanding of Dell’s technology, and product and services portfolio.
- Occasional coaching/mentoring required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong knowledge of technical products, vendors, and families of technologies.
- Strong knowledge of product configurations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and leadership.
- Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience.
OF TECH TALENT