Requisition ID: 13000501
Business Sector: Information Systems
Location: United States-Virginia-Newport News
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type: Secret
Number of Openings: 1
Shift: 1st Shift
The Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) Weapon System (WS) is the Joint Forces Air Component Commander's (JFACC) primary Command and Control (C2) node to develop the air and space operations strategies and plans to meet the Combat Commander's objectives. It is the senior element of the Theater Air Control System (TACS) which includes subordinate ground and air C2 units trained and equipped to plan, coordinate, control, execute and monitor air, space and cyberspace operations across the full range of military operations. The AOC controls a wide range of air power to achieve Air Force objectives of Global Vigilance, Global Reach and Global Power.
Modern warfighting demands a modern, standardized and integrated AOC. As a member of the Northrop Grumman AOC team, you will help to provide our warfighters with a state-of-the-art, net-centric computing solution that provides a flexible and robust environment for meeting the demands of time critical analysis and decision making processes now and into the future.
This versatile integration engineer will support the process of operational thread composition using tools from the new AOC-WS 10.2 infrastructure. They will use strong development skills to build mediations, business process flows, business rules, event scripts, and other glue code. They will design and compose operational mission threads using infrastructure subsystems, and AOC mission application interfaces & SOA services. This combination of development, integration, and operational focus makes these positions similar to the emerging DevOps discipline.
· B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
· 9+ years applicable experience
· Secret clearance
· Expertise with XML, XSLT, XSD, RDF, and OWL
· Ability to understand new information sharing patterns and map between schema
· Experience with software development, scripting, and commercial software integration/configuration
· Expertise in defining & developing data schema for immediate use in key demonstrations
· Ability to work in multi-discipline and distributed team environments
· Familiar with SOA (e.g., Web Services), industry data standards (e.g., GML), and DoD standards (e.g., DDMS, MilStd 2525)
· US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain an Active DoD Secret ClearanceBroad experience with enterprise computing and/or data center technologies and products
• Familiar with DoD information exchange governance, including Community of Interest (COI) processes
• Experience with DoD systems development
• Experience with Agile Development
• Experience with CMMI
• Candidates local to the Newport News, VA, area
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
OF TECH TALENT