You Might Be A Fit If:
- Your friends ask you to plan their events – even if you aren’t attending.
- Your schedule is planned weeks in advance, but you can still make time for a last minute event without breaking a sweat.
- You know what you were doing at 2:35 pm on January 25, 2010
- You wake up at night thinking about things that you need to get done, and then you just get up and do them.
- You sweat results
- When asked to describe you, your friends say things like “accurate and efficient”
- Actively engage with multiple internal and external communities to foster positive experiences and create Atlassian evangelists
- Allocate budget for events and programs, oversee registration and agenda, procure resources, and develop marketing plans
- Build key metrics to track and measure community growth
- Manage/maintain Atlassian User Group website content
- Be a conduit to bringing information back into Atlassian's product development teams and identifying case study opportunities
- Promote sharing of best practices between user group leaders and customers
- Coordinate staff travel to user group events and speaking opportunities
- Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos, screencasts, etc. to get customers interacting with each other
- Daily moderation, escalation of issues and cross-functional problem solving for Atlassian community programs
- Respond to all community requests and interactions thoughtfully and in a timely manner (via phone, email, chat, videochat, blog, and social media networks)
- Be a liaison to other internal teams for gathering event content, email marketing, swag, etc.
- Run community building programs, games, and competitions
- Compose and manage distribution of community content: newsletters, event marketing emails, and community updates
- Assist Community Manager and Atlassian Events teams with other projects and priorities as needed
- Extremely organized and detail oriented. You are someone who documents everything.
- Outgoing, friendly, and easily approachable. You're not afraid to strike up a conversation amongst strangers.
- Resourceful: able to get tasks done without micro-management.
- Multi-tasker: responds quickly and thoroughly to deadlines, the ever-changing market, and various community member personalities.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Connecting like-minded people is your "thing."
- Clear, concise, and effective writing skills for mass public consumption and critique.
- Passion for customer care and building lasting client relationships.
Your Dream Job
Atlassian was named one of the "2010 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America," and is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in over 18,000 enterprise customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco and Amsterdam we are growing fast and full of opportunities.
We are building a different kind of software company: one that listens to client needs, values innovation and solves customer problems with brilliant simplicity. At Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on millions of users, fast! You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision making, because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Love Going to Work?
We live our values and we value our people. You will work in an open-plan office filled with lots of natural light and a customized, ergonomic work station. Our culture is vibrant and unique; our office is open, collaborative and playful. Maybe you'd like to participate in a lunchtime basketball game? Or would you rather head out for some rock climbing? If hunger strikes, head to the kitchen for drinks, fresh fruit, snacks and more. We know that people work harder when they play hard too, so it's your choice how you'll make Atlassian a great place for you to work.
In addition to some killer perks, Atlassian offers excellent health benefits for employees and dependents, ample time off, 401(k), life insurance, huge referral bonuses, friendly coworkers, and a clear vision driven by pure intentions. Check out a short video created by Atlassian staff on our values.
"I love that Atlassians are killer smart, have amazing ideas that they love to share, . . . challenge the status quo on a daily basis, and are dedicated to making Atlassian the best place to work ever." - Julie Rogers, Talent Team
OF TECH TALENT