Dell is revolutionizing data protection paradigm with its cutting edge next-generation NetVault line of products. We like you to participate in this successful endeavor. We are looking to add an exceptional C/C++Software Development Engineer to join our highly talented development team.
This position will be right fit for you if:
- You want to innovate and implement cutting edge data protection technologies.
- You are looking for a company to build a strong technical career path.
- You like to work in collaboration with exceptional engineers around the globe
- You have skills and interests that go beyond creating another business application.
- You have a passion for continuous learning.
You value innovation over process
- Design and develop multi-threaded continuous backup/recovery software for mission critical applications run on Linux/Windows/Solaris/Mac OS X/AIX/HP-UX
- Be a key go to person for responsible functionality in the entire project;
- Maintain existing code, perform code re-engineering and re-factoring;
- Investigate and debug complex issues, analyze underlying problems and fix defects
- Investigate, propose and implement new features proactively for data protection software product(s);
- Code, test and integrate software, delivering highly robust, highly reliable, high performance software that meets all of the requirements;
- Write and maintain detailed design and interface specifications;
- Adhere to correct SW engineering processes, including design documentation and reviews, code reviews, and thorough unit testing;
Work with QA manager to develop test specifications and develop unit tests
Mentor junior engineers;
- Clear understanding of computer science fundamental such as data structure and algorithms, Operating Systems, File systems, Network communications etc.
- Strong programming skills using C/C++ with 7+ years of experience in Linux/Windows platforms
- Experience in programming with STL and sound knowledge of object-oriented design
- Experience with multi-threaded programming, kernel and user-mode synchronization;
- Ability to resolve complex issues in timely manner;
- Knowledge of file systems.
- Exposure to Virtualization platforms such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Xen and Kernel-based Virtual Machines (KVM) is highly desirable
- Experience in development of Linux/Windows kernel drivers;
- Experience with networking protocols, particularly TCP/IP;
- Prior experience in backup/recovery product development is highly desirable.
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree or relevant experience.
OF TECH TALENT