Big-Data Developer/Development Engineer
Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s software group.
Do you dream in MapReduce? Can you imagine ways to predict the downfall of civilizations or the next American Idol winner from internet traffic? Can you herd yellow elephants to solve Big Data problems? If so, join a dynamic team operating in a start-up atmosphere but with the resources and backing of a major IT company determined make a big dent in the Big Data space, as Dell has recently completed the acquisition of Quest Software.
We’re looking for an outstanding developer with years of experience in Java and deep knowledge of machine learning, text analytics, information retrieval, information visualization, social network analytics, and related topic areas. Your mission, equipped with yellow elephants, will be to create the next generation of analytics technology to support customers who operate at the highest levels of decision-making.
- 5+ years Java software development
- Understanding of multithreading and distributed processing concepts
- Demonstrated ability to work with complex algorithms and new technologies
- Solid communications skills
- Understanding of Hadoop and/or related Big Data technologies
- Experience programming MapReduce algorithms and/or related paradigms
- Machine learning algorithm design and application
- Large data visualization design and programming
- Operational characteristics and administration of Hadoop, HBase, and Hive
- Computational linguistics using statistical and non-statistical approaches
- Information retrieval using Solr and Lucene
- Agile development methodologies
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
OF TECH TALENT