· Provide strategic leadership across all indirect monetization activities at NYTimes.com, including web, mobile and video. This includes display and text-based advertising products, as well as emerging advertising experiences delivered through automated buying channels.
· Manage day-to-day relationships with remnant and programmatic vendors across all channels/platforms, and provide leadership for internal reporting of these activities.
· Provide internal leadership for and collaboration with category Advertising Directors, Ad Ops, Systems and Product to optimize inventory and revenue.
· develop training program for major display teams to better equip NYT salesforce to operate in the programmatic advertising marketplace.
Manage blocklists across all platforms, working with NYT Sales teams to manage channel conflicts.
· Work with Product team (as well as Design) to optimize ad placements, appearance, etc.
· Manage and develop NYT’s data strategy for advertising, including on-site and off-site uses of first party data, and the acquisition of 3rd party data to drive revenue.
· Develop and manage NYT’s private exchange strategy.
· Establish vendor relationships and contractual terms for business development relationships to support programmatic buying activities.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
· 15+ years of relevant work experience, including in-depth knowledge of the programmatic advertising ecosystem.
· Ability to create and evaluate concepts based on strategies, consumer issues and market insights
· Exceptional creative and design talents with stylistic breadth and strategic depth
· Proven excellence building and managing a team of creative business professionals at all levels
· Strong organizational, conceptual and presentation skills
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2012 revenues of $2.0 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com , BostonGlobe.com , Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
OF TECH TALENT